“Third best hotel in Port Angeles! Best deal on Peninsula. Huge Internet pipe!”

Super 8 Port Angeles
Ranked #2 of 16 Hotels in Port Angeles
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed April 13, 2013

I must start off by saying the last time I stayed in a Super 8 was in High school for nefarious reasons. Super 8 was always in the Motel6 charge by the hour category IMO. I'm happy to say that I no longer feel that way about Super 8's because of this property.

I decide to stay here after having a horror experience at the Day's Inn & reading the improving reviews of this S8. I can't say how much nicer this place is. To start the aura is one of lightness, maybe something to do with being on the hill and getting a lot of sunlight or maybe the great staff. Usually I feel dark & musty in PA, always moldy but this was a change.

When I arrived I saw a little boy who just ran into a wall board and cut his head. The front desk staff was all over it, first aid kits, gloves, ice, toys, nice to see and didn't mind waiting.

After checking in they gave me a room that would have normally been great but this weekend was the NW CUP, a huge mountain bike competition. Being a smart manager he set up a cleaning station in the parking lot for the multitudes of mountain bikers to clean their gear since they won't leave $4k bikes in the parking lot. Hoses, rags, buckets, brushes and cones to make it safe. If I was a mountain biker I would stay here for sure no other property was so cool about hosting them I'm told. Not one drop of mud in the halls, no crazy parties. The only issue was the cleaning station was outside my room and my baby was being disturbed by the little noise they caused. I told the front desk and they offered to move me to a better room and I was going to; but the way my schedule worked out & their bike race, I never did. Still they would've done it no problem, if I wasn't so lazy.

The rooms were very clean with white bedding! Everything worked and again I was impressed with the level of quality in this Super 8. Much newer than the more expensive Days Inn.

The parking lot not only had cameras and big lights but I watched 2 employees tour the property in bucket pouring rain. I felt my car & my family were safe here. The housekeeping staff was super nice to my 16month old and did a great job. I kept my DnD sign up most the day, leave for an hour at 1pm not expecting it but the room was serviced. I also left $800 cash some jewelry & computer stuff and when I returned the money was never touched or even moved. (Thanks!)

The morning breakfast was served in a large no frills sit down cafe with a great selection of food for me & my baby. Another shocker was that the coffee both in room & breakfast was great for a hotel. I'm a coffee snob and this stuff was above decent!

I was also impressed with the access for handicapped rooms. They had them on the end of the hall for easy in & out to the disabled spots with no stairs. Big rooms with great rails too (I have an uncle in a wheelchair so I always take note.)

The last thing and something that I find very important. THEY HAVE A HUGE FRACKING INTERNET PIPE! I have stayed in something close to a thousand hotels and I have never seen wifi this good. I was getting 9-12 down and 1.3 up. Crazy hotel speeds. I used Skype, I did a live stream podcast, I streamed full movies in HD, uploaded hundreds of RAW pics to the cloud.

The only bad thing I can report is the toilet paper. I know the cost to upgrade to a 2-ply non sandpaper variety is bump but I would happily pay a buck more a night for it. Have it as a $2 day add-on at check-in, hand it to me with my key. You would change the industry!

I called this the 3rd best place in PA. As far as luxury goes, Red Lion, Olympic Lodge then the Super 8. Funny I know. Sad when I see people spending more to stay at the Days Inn when its half the property.

Room Tip: If you have a kid or lots to unload,ask for the end of the second floor, it opens to the parking lot...
1  Thank IdeaJason
David K, Owner at Super 8 Port Angeles, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2013

I can't say enough about your great review about us here at Super 8 Port Angeles. You pretty much described the reality of what most of our guests are saying. Since late last year, I've made so many changes to get us here. "great value", "great Internet","great staff", "clean", "decent breakfast", "great customer service". It's not easy getting this right and I'm so glad it came together for you to tell others about your great stay. See you again soon!

Reviewed April 10, 2013

Review collected in partnership with Super 8
David K, Owner at Super 8 Port Angeles, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2013

Reviewed April 9, 2013

Excellent motel for one night stay while traveling through the area to another area. We stay here whenever we need a night layover in the area waiting to catch a morning ferry to Victoria.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
David K, Owner at Super 8 Port Angeles, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2013

Diane, it's always good to have you with us.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
David K, Owner at Super 8 Port Angeles, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2013

Reviewed April 6, 2013

Room was clean, food and service good. TV had horrible reception and room was humid. Heard neighbors.

Review collected in partnership with Super 8
David K, Owner at Super 8 Port Angeles, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2013

Jennifer, I just sent you a private message to get the room number so that I can look into the TV thing. Regarding the humidity.... sometimes we get that in a few rooms when it's been raining for a week such as it has been here. We have some portable dehumidifiers available at no charge for those sensitive to humidity. I wish you had contacted our front desk about your experience to give us a chance to make your stay a more pleasant one. For any future guest reading this... please call the front desk to help make your stay better for our hotel or any other and give us a chance to make it better. Our front desk is staffed 24 hrs/day.

Reviewed April 6, 2013

Reviewed April 4, 2013

This hotel is not wheelchair or handicapped friendly. We needed a room close to the lobby because of a handicapped situation but the room we were given was 9 rooms away and down a flight of stairs. It was very difficult! I tried to get something closer but we could not because we have our small dog with us and there were no "Pet friendly rooms closer".This is the first time we've run into this at a Super 8. Most of them are more oblidging. Regarding the stairs......They need to put in a ramp, (perhaps on one side of the stairs because the stairs are wide) which would help a lot. Parking is great, we don't worry about getting broken into. The young gal at the front desk was very nice.

Room Tip: Don't have to worry much about your vehicle getting broken into here.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
David K, Owner at Super 8 Port Angeles, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2013

A W, Seems that your stay with us was a bit of a challenge. I was informed of your situation this morning. I really felt for you and am truly sorry that you experienced the difficulty. Having said that, please allow me to clarify your representation of our facility. We are absolutely handicap accessible. I have 2 handicap rooms next to the rear parking lot with ramps that lead to these rooms. As you recall, it rained quite a bit yesterday and so we had a flood of guests coming in from the Olympic National Park to get in out of the rain. Subsequently, our other handicap rooms were occupied before you arrived. You arrived as a walk-in and therefore we had no opportunity to do our best to accommodate your situation in advance. Please contact us with some lead time next time and I guarantee that you won't have the same difficulty.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Port Angeles
Quality Inn & Suites at Olympic National Park
Port Angeles Inn
Port Angeles Inn
#4 of 16 in Port Angeles

Been to Super 8 Port Angeles? Share your experiences!