“Confirmed Reservation was Cancelled”

Super 8 Port Angeles
Ranked #2 of 16 Hotels in Port Angeles
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed August 23, 2012

I had a confirmed reservation for my family at this motel. I also had made bookings for activities around the area and my family was looking forward for a long time to this vacation. A week before our confirmed stay, the manager called to inform that I had been double-booked and so my booking was cancelled. All he could offer was apologies and nothing more.

I stand to lose the activities tickets I have already bought and more painful is that I have to disappoint my family for the vacation that they were looking forward to. I could not find any decent accommodation as it is the long weekend and am now looking to pay a lot more (3x) at other vacation rentals to avoid disappointing my family.

I was not even offered any free stay for the blunder that the motel had caused. This is a terrible place. Stay away from this place if you don't want to be disappointed !

Room Tip: Rooms outside this motel (any other motel) would be good
2  Thank LookElsewhere
Write a ReviewReviews (1,319)

Reviewed August 21, 2012

Room was very outdated and cleanliness was terrible. The value for the money was dissapointing. No swimming pool but that's probably a good thing, considering how this hotel is managed. Breakfast which was included was not very good. The front desk staff were not into thier jobs and not enjoying themselves.

3  Thank bosbest
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Had to call the front desk to get check in. No one answered the phone but a employee who was off work got someone for us. He was not very friendly. On the wall is a small plaque that says they will charge you a $1.50 for a safe that is in your room. The catch is that you have to pay it up front whether you use it or not. When you go to check out you half to remind them to take the $1.50 off. Which they were not very pleased to do. They say is causes them paper work. Rooms were clean but had not been updated for about 30 years. Staff is allowed to bring their children to work which made them not available. Would pass this place up.

Room Tip: pass this one up
3  Thank Julie B
Reviewed August 5, 2012

This place was not cheap enough to justify its grimness. The front desk staff were really helpful(they earned the 2 stars) but the whole place was depressing. It was not dirty but let's say I wouldn't let a baby play on the floor! The breakfast was included but it too was just grim - an overcrowded room, bad coffee and terrible "juice". The only shining light was the novelty that was the waffle iron-first we'd seen. This is the first really budget place we stayed in the US -disgraceful really considering how good Premier Inn is in the UK for much less money. This was not a SUPER 8.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank iwantacervelow5
Reviewed July 11, 2012 via mobile

Room suited our needs to sleep and shower. The service was great. Free wi-fi with the ability to print at the computer in the lobby was a bonus. Loved the waffles at the continental breakfast.

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed July 10, 2012

My wife and stayed at the Super 8 Motel on Sunday night 6/17/12. We just needed a place for one night since we were on a West Coast road trip. We were in that area for that one night and all I needed was a place to sleep and shower, nothing fancy. That is what we got. It was a reasonable price and a average room. It was not super nice but I didn't pay for anything super nice, but it was clean and the staff was as helpful as I needed them to be. They served what looked like a very nice breakfast the next morning but we were in a hurry to continue our trip so skipped the free breakfast. It looked very good though. Check-in and check-out were both very smooth and quick. We did have to carry all our luggage up steps to the 3rd floor which was a little hassle, but I didn't expect an elevator at this type of hotel, so no big deal. Overall, if you just want a clean room to sleep and shower in and be on your way, this is fine. If you want fancy with new furnishings and all the extras, this is probably not for you. We liked it though.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 23, 2012

This was chosen because of location and the room was dirty and uncared for. I do not recommend staying here if you can avoid it. Super 8 motels are usually OK to stay in as I spent most of my vacation staying in them so this one is unusually dirty.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Quality Inn & Suites at Olympic National Park
Port Angeles Inn
Port Angeles Inn
#4 of 16 in Port Angeles

Been to Super 8 Port Angeles? Share your experiences!