“Lovely ambiance, good food.”
Review of Colonel Hudson's Famous Kitchen - CLOSED

Colonel Hudson's Famous Kitchen
Cuisines: American
Description: Hands down, the best burgers in Port Angeles with thick, hand made patties, great sauce and homemade buns. You can drive past it, as it only has a window on the sidewalk but owner has a great sense of fun and dedication. Also has great shakes, burgers from other than beef and very good fish and chips. Small menu, large taste.
Reviewed February 28, 2013

The owners have done a GREAT job in designing and decorating this establishment. There is a nice variety of items to choose from. The burger is made in-house with ground sirloin. I had the blue cheese burger. I can't really identify "why" - but somehow it seemed to be missing something. When I pay over 11.00 for a burger I want to feel that it's outstanding and this was just ok. Maybe lack of seasoning....dunno. The blue cheese wasn't very "blue cheesy". I may give it another try but I just can't muster the enthusiasm I hopedto have about this establishment that others seem to rave about.

1  Thank Osamalosa
There are newer reviews for Colonel Hudson's Famous Kitchen

Reviewed February 25, 2013

This place has the best hamburgers, fish and chips, cool, casual ambience, and friendly owners - all in a tiny corner place out on the west edge of Port Angeles. It is easy to miss, but don't. They barely have a sign, but they do have plenty of parking. You just have to look for the green building on the corner before the traffic light at Tumwater (before the paper mill).
I met my friend for lunch one day, and have been raving ever since. I ordered a blue cheese burger - to die for, with blue cheese crumbles and juicy burger and the best House Made bun! My friend had the fish and chips, not a spec of grease involved, with a healthy portion of fries, again, no grease. They serve beer and wine as well.
Then I tried to meet another friend there for lunch during the week, but they were closed - due, the owner said, to a lack of quality kitchen help. The food was taking too long for working lunch customers. So if you go, call ahead to make sure you won't be disappointed. I really hope that the kitchen staff gets it together, because this place deserves to make it. It is one of the many cool things I am finding that I like about Port Angeles.

1  Thank DNWA
Reviewed February 19, 2013

We love the atmosphere in this place. We waited and watched a long time while they prepared the restaurant for opening. The lights have amber covers and hang over each table. There are awnings made of burlap that create a dulling of the sounds within the entire restaurant. The decor has a jungle/old movie theme. It's cool.
WE went one night to have a beer. No food. WE ordered the beer and had to wait our turn as if we ordered food. 6 minutes until our receipt number came up. It was weird that they could not serve us a beer right away.
Another time, the poutine that other rave about was a disappointment when a plate of fries arrived with a small amout of gravy and a few bits of cheesef or $11.00. Staff seem to be under the thumb and scripted.
Hamburgers on the other hand, are delicious.
We consider the prices high for a burger joint.
However, we will continue to patron Colonel Hudsons regardless.

1  Thank Pauline M
Reviewed January 8, 2013

My family and I had dinner here for my 71st birthday. When we first stepped in the restaurant we were amazed with the decor. A huge horse, a huge gorilla, lots of movie posters on the walls and music playing softly in the background. When I looked at the menu I was delighted to find "Poutine". Poutine is a dish made of fresh cut French Fries with a beef gravy and cheese curds. Here they have other items that can be put on your dish such as bacon, grilled onions, and sausage, We had the Poutine with bacon and onions and it was SUPERB! Two of us shared one order and we couldn't finish it al. The hamburgers delivered to other patrons looked equally as good as our Poutine. Malik and Vivian, his wife, and children all said "Happy Birthday" to me. Malik brought us all a dish of ice cream for my birthday. We were all delighted and I know my children will go there again and again. There is a game room with Foos Ball type games. We highly recommend eating at this restaurant.

1  Thank vrshep
Reviewed January 7, 2013

The family decided to have a birthday celebration dinner at a new restaurant in Port Angeles.

What a wise decision!

Malik -- the owner-- personally explained the differences between the various kinds of Poutine and we chose to feast on two different kinds. They were both amazing.

I have had Poutine many times in Canada but they did not come close to the flavors in this Poutine. If you have not had it, you owe it to yourself to expand your experience level. Trust me, you most certainly will not be disappointed.

After we had eaten our fill, Malik extended his birthday wishes by serving ice cream to all of the family.

Then, as we were leaving, we had the opportunity to chat with his wife Vivian and their three children.

What a pleasant and memorable evening!

If you bypass this opportunity, you will be doing yourself a giant disfavor.

1  Thank moorejc