“A meaningful garden”

Port Angeles Fine Art Center
Ranked #13 of 43 things to do in Port Angeles
More attraction details
Owner description: Trust funded City owned facility and acreage devoted to the exhibition of and education about fine art.
Reviewed January 7, 2014

The P.A. Fine Arts Center is well worth a visit. The setting is lovely, in Webster's Woods, and the exhibits are well curated and meaningful in their arrangement. The outdoor exhibits, mainly sculptural, mostly of native materials, are very compelling.

In addition, some theater work has been staged there. A few years ago, "Women Without Men" was performed in Webster's Woods, it was stunning.

Check it out!

Reviewed November 22, 2013

My husband is used to my dragging him to museums and galleries, but this was a venue I had to drag him from. The exhibit we most enjoyed was the art forest walk, which we spent more time than expected at his small site. The weather wasn't great, but it didn't hinder our enjoyment; I would imagine the site is even more colorful on a sunny day. We are past child rearing age, but I imagine this would be a fun place to visit with kids, especially in a scavenger-hunt type of activity.

Reviewed October 12, 2013

We found this place easily with our GPS. The art display indoors was a bit limited but interesting. The outdoor display is what our small group of 3 very much enjoyed. The Center is located on 5 acres with trails and adorned by various pieces of art scattered through out along the trails. The weather cooperated during our visit, making it a very pleasant walk. The lone staff member ( volunteer ) was pleasant, and tried to be has helpful as she could.

Reviewed September 22, 2013

This is a fun place to visit and it is free. The property is forested and has lots of little trails to follow. There are works of art hidden everywhere; above your head, on the ground, in the bushes. The art seems to change over time, so if you return a year later, you'll see something new. When I was there, a deer crossed the parking lot heading for the hillside forests. The area is quiet and park-like and very relaxing.

Reviewed June 20, 2013

First time ever my Mom and I went to an art part! This one is so wonderful, we spent over two hours wandering through the forest and up & down the hills, and when we left, we knew we missed a lot! What we saw was a wonderland in itself! Loved all the different concepts!