“Most Awesome Place for Animal Lovers”
Review of Granny's Cafe

Granny's Cafe
Ranked #11 of 119 Restaurants in Port Angeles
Cuisines: American
Reviewed December 22, 2012

We were very pleasantly surprised to find that this little side-of-highway breakfast joint is actually a super cute restaurant with a virtual petting zoo out back. While we waited for our order, we strolled around out back and got to visit with, pet, and feed the chickens, pigeons, kittens, dogs, goats, mini donkey, koi goldfish, and I could have sworn I saw a raccoon wandering around. When ou food was ready, someone kindly stepped out back and let us know. The food was delicious, inexpensive, and hearty-sized. My only complain was that the food cam out too quickly and I didn't have time to visit with the critters longer. I will DEFINITELY be back and look forward to my next visit.

1  Thank aligatoo
There are newer reviews for Granny's Cafe

Reviewed October 14, 2012

We were looking for a place to stay near Port Angeles for a night while on our way around Olympic Natl Park. Thought this place had a cute website and liked that it was a bit outside of town (close to the Elwha River ONP entrances and not far from Lake Crescent). We stayed in late September for $60/night - least expensive night of the trip! Rooms were basic but neat and tidy with what seemed like newish carpeting, a bedspread that didn't freak me out and a really cute retro bathroom! It was a little chilly for me to hang out outside but our room had a fenced in outdoor space out back as well. We had breakfast at Granny's Cafe and I'm still thinking about the oatmeal. (He got the corned beef hash and pancakes and was quite pleased as well.) Friendly hosts who talked about how few independent motels remain in the area since the ONP lodges are all run by one company. It was a pleasure to stay at this little gem.

1  Thank JerseyGirl5781
Reviewed October 13, 2012

The restaurant was very cozy and incredibly friendly. Our breakfast was great. The menu is homey and what you would expect to see for a small, famiIy style place. There is a wood burning stove which is a great element. Also, while we didn't enjoy any, I was surprised to see the beer menu had really nice ales. I especially loved the locals stopping by just for the ice cream. I was happy we were able to enjoy this place.

1  Thank Kimbo S
Reviewed August 30, 2012 via mobile

I've eaten at Granny's about twenty times and I've never had anything but the famouse Granny Burger Basket. I'm sure the other stuff is great but it's hard to find a burger in western Washington better. There's also some mini donkeys in the rear of the place for the kids to pet. If you are there on a hot day try the half and half cone the dozen people in line for one last time I was there can't be wrong (legend is granny used milk straight from the teet to get the ice cream just right).

1  Thank Skattman
Reviewed August 7, 2012

We went to this place given that it was highly recommended on tripadvisor. We were disappointed. The place was not so clean, their choice of food was limited. Pancakes were not great and the service was average. Other people seem to have a better experience with this place, but we were not impressed.