“Hard to rate”
Review of Elwha Dam RV Park

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Port Angeles
Elwha Dam RV Park
Arkansas
“Hard to rate”
Reviewed July 2, 2013

I wanted to rate it higher but just couldn't bring myself to do it. Attractive park, quiet, nice owners, and a dandy short hiking trail adjoining. Convenient location. Wifi was snail pace. Pay showers are a turn off, especially when you spend 3 of your 6 minutes trying to adjust the water to a moderate and consistent temperature. Owners claimed that hot water was plumbed to the bathroom sink, but I never felt it. Owners suggested I use the sink in the laundry room,which I did and got good hot water at the sink....but not at that shower. The bathrooms were no cleaner than average at best. Supposed to open at 10:00a.m., but often was closer to 10:30. Nonetheless, the overall experience at the park was adequate and I would consider staying there again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank MountainHomer

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed June 5, 2013

I'm surprised to see some other negative reviews as we had a very positive experience. The grounds were very clean and nicely spaced between sites. Very quiet ... bird feeders all around which were fun to watch. Yes, the internet was slow but that's typical more often than not at ANY RV park unfortunately. I didn't use the bathrooms as we had our own in the RV. I also didn't use laundry - but $2 is not horribly expensive - paid that in a lot of places. It's a bit out of town but you can get into Port T. in about 10 minutes +/-.
No complaints here.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Linda H
Port Angeles, Washington, United States
Reviewed June 1, 2013

I had a horrible experience at the Elwha Dam RV park! The lady basically called my family and I white trash, very rude. And started calling and harassing us on a regular basis. As soon as we got there we were sick...the water has no commercial testing whatsoever to make sure it is safe! The bathrooms were a mess and didn't even care that some of the people were being totally inappropriate in there and could hear them from a very far distance....even the kids. The bathrooms ran out of toilet paper frequently. Over all it was just a terrible experience and I will never go there again! The internet access was a snail speed. I couldn't do anything I wanted to do for my schooling. And out of desperation was sold a mifi. There was no cable TV at all. And laundry was waaaaaaaaaaaaay too expensive to do there. It was $2.00 to wash and $2.00 to dry. Plus it was $1.00 for a 6 minute shower, that you couldn't even shower in half the time because there was no indication on how to use the knobs. So then everybody was fighting over their one shower in the laundry room which became completely trashed. So if anybody needs to stay in Port Angeles....the Elwha Dam RV park is not the place for you....unless you live in a "3 million dollar motor home".

Room Tip: Avoid it at all costs...not worth the money.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Firepilot101
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed September 8, 2012

Had room for our 40fter and toad along one of the many terraced pull thrus. Got direct tv and sprint 3G just fine. lots of shade trees and open activity areas.Their bird feeders bring in a great variety of birds. This is a good bace camp to explore the north end of park. Small store, bathrooms, and laundry room are clean. Very little road noise. Would stay here again.

Room Tip: be specific about what you need
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank bobncamille
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed September 3, 2012

Stayed here wile hiking so was gone during the day would come back to a dark campground restrooms were OK not the cleanest and i needed some help but had no luck finding anyone to help. my kids had no fun not allot for them to do. And far from the Dungeness and hurricane ridge trails and away from town not worth it. No service only saw employees once. Stayed early in may.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank mark w
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
Reviewed August 15, 2012

OMG!!!! I loved everything regarding Elwha RV Park!!!!! There were so many positive aspects of my second home, I have no idea where to begin.. First of all, the owner, Bobbie and her family are just wonderful, nice, sweet, helpful, entertaining and easy to get along with. The bathrooms and showers are so clean and accessible. The natural, lush surroundings are just magnificent. We have three dogs and they absolutely loved all the different smells and experiences. During the summer months, Chelsea works the front desk and offers amazing customer service. Bobbie always has a wonderful smile when you see her out and she always has time to say hi and chit chat. This stay will be the most memorable stay of our lives because my wife and I were married on the bridge at the park . Bobbie and Israel served as our witnesses and provided my wife with a beautiful bouquet of fresh wildflowers. For travelers, the park is really quiet and secluded and perfect for outdoor activities. The rent is really reasonable for traveling workers. There are many trails to walk. The residents are really nice and everyone approachable. The police do silent patrols and the feeling of safety is amazing. I would stay here every single time and would highly recommend this beautiful park to anyone who will be visiting the wonderful quaint town of Port Angeles, Washington.

Room Tip: There are no rooms but travelers with tents are always welcome.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Dharma21
Florida
Reviewed September 17, 2011

We stopped for supplies on what was probably their busiest day of the year, start of the Elwha dam removal. Security and VIPs everywhere. But they took care of our small needs graciously and with a big smile. If we ever come back to the area we will definitely stay here

• Stayed September 2011
#2 of 16 in Port Angeles
Domaine Madeleine
Domaine Madeleine
#2 of 14 in Port Angeles

Been to Elwha Dam RV Park? Share your experiences!