“We are coming back, Chef Michael”
Review of Kokopelli Grill

Kokopelli Grill
Ranked #4 of 119 Restaurants in Port Angeles
Cuisines: Southwestern, Seafood, Steakhouse, Wine Bar
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Full Service Bar and Grill. Specializing in Northwest Cuisine all with a southwest flair. Full service, wine shop, family friendly, allergy sensitive dining. All of our food and cocktails are hand crafted.
Kent, Washington
“We are coming back, Chef Michael”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Delightful, fresh, unique, and delicious meals with top notch service. If James is your server, prepare to be spoiled. Sit upstairs if you can. Two happy foodies, one of whom has extreme food allergies. No problems to work around them. Only problem was not enough room for dessert.
Lots of locals dining there.

• Visited August 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Bothell, WA
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Dined and Confused”
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Confusion seemed to be the theme of the evening. The host seemed confused on how to time seating and turned several people away only to seat new arrivals moments later. He'd then shout out the people's last name and tell them to grab the open seat. It wasn't an escort to your table like you'd expect in a nice establishment. We were seated within the time frame the host gave us but there was some confusion on his part as to where we'd be seated. The server arrived in a timely fashion. We placed drink orders which were slow to arrive. We also had to ask the server for more drinks rather than her ask us if we'd like more to drink. Appetizers were good and arrived in good time as well as the meals for our two kids. My husband and I were excited to try our dinners as everything on the menu looked delicious. That's when everything went from average to poor. We watched four tables that ordered after us get their meals with no sign of ours or our server. She passed us several times while serving the other tables and never acknowledge the delay in our dinner. She finally acknowledged us and said our dinner was on its way, no apology given. Ten minutes later we still had no dinner. Just as I stood up to walk our kids back to the hotel, dinner arrived. Although it wasn't the dinner my husband ordered. We were done. We did get our meals waived, did not eat them and sadly left. It seemed like everything was off from the start. Others around us looked like they were having a good time. I'd advise making a reservation. We were there on a Sunday evening in the summer and it was busy. I hope we just visited on an off night.

• Visited August 2013
Minneapolis, Minnesota
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best restaurant in Port Angeles”
Reviewed August 11, 2013

I had the crab cakes wth cilantro rice and smoked salmon chowder. Both were excellent. A lot of flavors carried throughout the meal. We searched the town all over and were glad we found Kokopelli's. if you like flavorful foods this is the place to go.

Visited August 2013
Chico, California
“Fellow travelers.”
Reviewed August 6, 2013

Being from Texas/New Mexico, the name was intriguing enough to pull me in. I had a wonderful time that began with my server (beautiful Nerissa) taking excellent care of this solo traveler. She was so effortlessly cordial and helpful throughout the evening that it just made my visit memorable. I had the smoked salmon chowder, a great bottle of wine (2 glasses) she recommended, the crab stuffed halibut with jalapeno grits and sauteed squash (sublime!) and a perfect torte with raspberry sauce to round out a perfect meal. Mike stopped by and sat with me for a spell and proved to be a very engaging guy to chat with. I highly recommend that you look this place up in Port Angeles and see what I am raving about for yourself.

• Visited July 2013
Atlanta
“One of the best meals anywhere”
Reviewed August 6, 2013

We recently stayed for 2 or 3 days in Port Angeles WA, visiting Sequim and various places on the Olympic Peninsula. We stopped in at Kokopelli's because the reviews on Tripadvisor were so good and we were not disappointed. This restaurant could compete with restaurants in any big city. We had wonderful service in a very nice environment. The chef is great! We had crab and shrimp campeche, which we had never heard of before, and it was wonderful. We also had salmon and halibut for our entrees and they were both delicious. We were surprised that a restaurant would be so good in a place that mainly serves tourists.

• Visited July 2013