“Nice Mountain Surroundings, but Dirty Bathrooms”
Review of Port Angeles KOA

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Port Angeles
Port Angeles KOA
Reviewed July 7, 2013

We have stayed in a few different KOAs over the last couple of years and I will say this one has a beautiful location, but it has the some of the dirtiest bathrooms. Always keep flip flops on your feet and disinfecting wipes handy. The floors NEVER looked clean, cobwebs in the ceiling corners, and I never wanted to place my toiletries on a counter or shelf. We love the Olympic Peninsula, but if we visit again we will be looking for other accommodations.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Berit C

Reviewed July 7, 2013

My wife and i camped there for 1 week during 4th of july we had 3 camp sites together with our friends we all camped in rv's. the weather was great! all week. the camp grounds looked good and the facilities were clean and well stocked, the pool was a happing place the camp grounds were almost full. there was a large croud around for the fire works show everybody was cheering and having FUN it was a real BLAST! the staff were all frendly and ready to help they even delivered wood and ice to our camp site.the road is close to some camp sites but its not a big deal its close to many things to do including the wild critter park. we stay here in our rv several times a year we think it a great place!

Room Tip: there were several camp sites and cabins in the woods on the south side that were cool stay away fro...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 16, 2013

My husband and I just spent 4 months travelling through the USA. We stayed in many campgrounds and this KOA was the dirtiest. The washrooms were filthy, mold, hair balls etc. it is extremeely run down. The front office was hardly open but when it was, the lady was very helpful. The recycling/garbage area hadn't been emptied since last year. I realize that it was the begiinning of the season, but it is going to take a complete overhaul to get this KOA back up to KOA standards.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kernel-Rooster
Reviewed March 25, 2013

My husband and I have done our fair share of time in KOAs and this has been by far the worst one we have stayed in. We stayed in a tent spot which was so sloped we spent all night trying not to roll over each other. The bathrooms were horrendous. Black mold, spider webs, and a floor that hasn't been swept since it was put in. The showers had obviously not been cleaned in some time. The build up of hair over the drain was so much that I was standing in 2 inches of water within seconds. I have used bathrooms in rural Thailand that were far cleaner. I wanted to address this with the management but when I went to the office the next morning at 9, the office was still locked up even though the sign said office hours started at 8. Don't stay here. Save yourself some cash and park at the Walmart parking lot. They have nicer bathrooms.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed September 28, 2012

We stayed at this campsite for 3 nights in the begining of September. The bathrooms had a huge toilet paper dispenser, but no toilet paper.
Although it was nice to see that they have an area to re-cycle, they clearly never clean it.
There were bottles and cans all over the place, as well as full bags of re-cylced items tossed behind the garbage bin.........it was a TOTAL mess. The garbage/re-cycle area is one of the
first things you see when you pull up to the building where you register. A terrible first impression.
The pool was open, but the hot tub was not working at the time of our stay.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 9, 2012

My husband and I stayed in one of the "Kabins" and it met our needs nicely. Even though it was August and there were a good number of people there, it was relatively quiet and we never had to wait for the bathrooms. The bathrooms were a bit cramped, but were very clean. Conveniently located to the Hurricane Ridge section of Olympic National Park.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mahan25
Reviewed September 3, 2012

it may not be your ideal park but it is an awesome park lots of activities very kind helpful staff and if you let them know your problems they will actually listen and act accordingly i was with this loud group not only did they tell them to be quiet but they moved us to a more private site for no extra charge i have stayed at the Elwa and the sol duc i come to the area allot to hike but this is my favorite by far now i stayed on labor day weekend 2012.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family