“Better accommodations in 3rd world countries”
Review of Port Angeles KOA

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Port Angeles
Port Angeles KOA
“Better accommodations in 3rd world countries”
Reviewed March 25, 2013

My husband and I have done our fair share of time in KOAs and this has been by far the worst one we have stayed in. We stayed in a tent spot which was so sloped we spent all night trying not to roll over each other. The bathrooms were horrendous. Black mold, spider webs, and a floor that hasn't been swept since it was put in. The showers had obviously not been cleaned in some time. The build up of hair over the drain was so much that I was standing in 2 inches of water within seconds. I have used bathrooms in rural Thailand that were far cleaner. I wanted to address this with the management but when I went to the office the next morning at 9, the office was still locked up even though the sign said office hours started at 8. Don't stay here. Save yourself some cash and park at the Walmart parking lot. They have nicer bathrooms.

• Stayed March 2013

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed September 28, 2012

We stayed at this campsite for 3 nights in the begining of September. The bathrooms had a huge toilet paper dispenser, but no toilet paper.
Although it was nice to see that they have an area to re-cycle, they clearly never clean it.
There were bottles and cans all over the place, as well as full bags of re-cylced items tossed behind the garbage bin.........it was a TOTAL mess. The garbage/re-cycle area is one of the
first things you see when you pull up to the building where you register. A terrible first impression.
The pool was open, but the hot tub was not working at the time of our stay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Port Angeles hotels

Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed September 9, 2012

My husband and I stayed in one of the "Kabins" and it met our needs nicely. Even though it was August and there were a good number of people there, it was relatively quiet and we never had to wait for the bathrooms. The bathrooms were a bit cramped, but were very clean. Conveniently located to the Hurricane Ridge section of Olympic National Park.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed September 3, 2012

it may not be your ideal park but it is an awesome park lots of activities very kind helpful staff and if you let them know your problems they will actually listen and act accordingly i was with this loud group not only did they tell them to be quiet but they moved us to a more private site for no extra charge i have stayed at the Elwa and the sol duc i come to the area allot to hike but this is my favorite by far now i stayed on labor day weekend 2012.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed August 30, 2012

I don't usually stay at KOA campgrounds, but with a group on memorial day we had a fine time just outside of Concrete, WA. So when friends planned adventures in the Olympic National Park, I thought "How bad could it be..." It certainly is not camping, and while the location between Sequim and Port Angeles was convenient to rafting on the Elwah, and hiking Hurricane Ridge, I'll never stay there again. In fact, thought we were booked for both Sat & Sunday nights, we decided to leave after the one noisy night, when ear plugs gave little help for sleep.

Our tent site was less than 150 feet from hwy 101, the main hwy with trucks, motorcycles and cars all night long. Our friends on the other side of the campground were a bit further away from 101, but still heard it, and were right next to the access road, which had its share of noise. They did not like the distance to the ONE SMALL bathroom facility, which was not maintained adequately.

Maybe a well insulated RV would help, or staying in one of their cabins, but their was nothing to my liking of the place.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Robin B
bc canada
Reviewed August 19, 2012

Usually we stay at KOA for its kid friendly environment but this location nickeled and dimed you to death...pool is outdoor and too small for the amount of visitors and the mini golf is a joke..old and falling apart..plus $45 a night to stay in a tent? pretty steep!

Room Tip: stay in a cabin