“Amazing service”

Dining options: Late Night, Dinner
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Amazing service”
Reviewed October 30, 2009

My wife, my 2 year old, and I had dinner at WildFire on Aug 1st while visiting the Port Angeles area. We came to Wildfire because of the great reviews on TripAdvisor and we were not disappointed.

We both had the artichoke dip appetizer and a special entree with a fish fillet and risotto, and we both had different types of fish. Both meals were excellent, and we haven’t had risotto that good since 2006, when we were in Venice, Italy. We wish this restaurant wasn’t 1800 miles away so we could come more often.

We were a little apprehensive about going to a nice restaurant with a 21 month old, but he behaved himself and the staff at the restaurant was great. They found some books for him to read, and even prepared an additional risotto dish for him, which they refused to let us pay for.

After we left the restaurant and got back to our cabin, we realized we’d misplaced the key to our cabin and we called them to see if they could find it, since we were about 20 minutes away. They searched inside and outside the restaurant and couldn’t find it, and when I returned to the restaurant to look around some more outside they were very helpful.

• Czech first
Clarkston, MI
“I wish this restaurant was in my town.”
Reviewed October 13, 2009

After arriving by train into Seattle, we wanted to get to Port Angeles by 8:30 p.m. This was impossible due to ferry schedules etc. We knew we wanted to try Wildfire Grill because of the amazing reviews here so we called to find out the closing time. When they said 9:00 we were very disappointed and began looking on our Garmin for another restaurant. Two minutes later our phone rang and it was the restaurant asking us when we thought we could get there - we told them around 9:30 and they said they would stay open for us! We were stunned since that just doesn't happen anymore! The seafood platter had amazing flavors and I snagged a bite of my son's pizza - everything we tasted was wonderful. Denny, the chef, and our waitress sat outside with us while we finished our wine next to the fire pit and we felt as if we had known them for years. Denny even brought us a sampling of desserts to try.
This restaurant has my highest recommendation - the people of Port Angeles are lucky to have such a quality restaurant that understands customer service in their town.

2 Thank CarynR
NRH, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Absolute gem in NW Washington”
Reviewed September 16, 2009

Not sure what was the best part of the evening: the food, the wine, the outdoor seating, the service, or the conversation with the owner and staff. Travelled from Seattle to find an unique and out-of-the-way dining experience and did I ever strike gold. Approximately 2-1/2 hours from Seattle by car but worth every mile.

Restaurant closes at 9, but the staff was willing to keep the doors open for me as I made my way in -- and they did it with a genuine smile. My dinner lasted 2+ hours and wished that I could have stayed a few more.

The fresh seafood was wonderful -- smoked salmon as an app, halibut as the entre. A nice wine list with many local options to choose from. I highly recommend this to anybody who can make it across the Sound or up from Tacoma.

An aboslote gem that I will come back to every time business brings me to Seattle.

1 Thank Texan_Mark
long island ny
“Not what we expected”
Reviewed September 13, 2009

My husband and I went to this restaurant because of the recommendations here. Our appetizer was good, it was the skewered shrimp and scallops. We had caesar salads and they were fine. My husband had the ribeye steak and it had to be the thinnest ribeye he ever had. I had the beef filet and it was under cooked, they did correct that. The mashd potatoes, grilled vegatables and beer were great. All in all the meal was not worth the price.

Newport News, Virginia
“Yumm-O in Port Angeles”
Reviewed September 6, 2009

Had dinner last night (9/5/09) at a cozy booth at Wildfire. Service was fabulous. Both my hubby and I commented on the prompt, cheerful wait staff. They were so attentitive and friendly. Answered all of our questions and kept the water glasses full. We had a delightful bottle of Cooper Valley pinot noir. Both of us had house salads to start and an order of flat bread (delicious...from their wood fired oven). I had the wildfire rib eye ($28)with fire roasted veggies and garlic mashers. Steak was perfectly prepared and veggies had great flavors. My hubby had the cedar plank seafood platter ($28) with lemon champagne risotto and fire roasted veggies. He said it was the best and most deliciously flavored seafood he has ever had (and we live in Tidewater VA...home of good seafood). The bites of his risotto that I bummed were incredible. We shared the peanut butter pie ($7) for dessert....to die for. Total bill without tip was $118...but for the outstanding service, incredible food and cozy, welcoming atmostphere, we felt we got a bargain. Would highly recommend checking out Wildfire while you visit Port Angeles and Olympic National Park.