“Not what we expected”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night
Reviewed September 13, 2009

My husband and I went to this restaurant because of the recommendations here. Our appetizer was good, it was the skewered shrimp and scallops. We had caesar salads and they were fine. My husband had the ribeye steak and it had to be the thinnest ribeye he ever had. I had the beef filet and it was under cooked, they did correct that. The mashd potatoes, grilled vegatables and beer were great. All in all the meal was not worth the price.

There are newer reviews for LD's Woodfired Grill

Reviewed September 6, 2009

Had dinner last night (9/5/09) at a cozy booth at Wildfire. Service was fabulous. Both my hubby and I commented on the prompt, cheerful wait staff. They were so attentitive and friendly. Answered all of our questions and kept the water glasses full. We had a delightful bottle of Cooper Valley pinot noir. Both of us had house salads to start and an order of flat bread (delicious...from their wood fired oven). I had the wildfire rib eye ($28)with fire roasted veggies and garlic mashers. Steak was perfectly prepared and veggies had great flavors. My hubby had the cedar plank seafood platter ($28) with lemon champagne risotto and fire roasted veggies. He said it was the best and most deliciously flavored seafood he has ever had (and we live in Tidewater VA...home of good seafood). The bites of his risotto that I bummed were incredible. We shared the peanut butter pie ($7) for dessert....to die for. Total bill without tip was $118...but for the outstanding service, incredible food and cozy, welcoming atmostphere, we felt we got a bargain. Would highly recommend checking out Wildfire while you visit Port Angeles and Olympic National Park.

Reviewed August 18, 2009

My husband and I are from Chicago and chose Wildfire after reading all of these excellent reviews. We could not have agreed more with what people had to say. The short rib was cooked perfectly and my husband's salmon was incredibly flavorful. Their outdoor patio was very romantic. The service was outstanding. The owner came to our table and talked with us for a little. We highly recommend the keylime cheesecake. It was very tart, the way I like it. Check it out. You will not be disappointed.

Reviewed August 10, 2009

I got a tip from the young lady at the Good to Go Pastry Shop (another place to stop) that this was THE place to visit in town, when I said I needed some salmon before leaving the OP. She was right on, and I thank her, as my culinary experience was a major disappointment -- The Crabs especially. Wildfire was fine dining -- whether for the stuffy crowd, or those of us with seaweed on our flip flops after returning salmonless from the Makah Nation. They had a special of blackened salmon with a local (strawberries, yum) and tropical fruit spread that was probably beyond what we would have gotten at a high-end place in Pikes Place Market (sorry Steelhead, maybe we'll find you next time). The manager came out to light the warming torches early, as it was circa 60 up there on Friday nite. So, the risotto went absolutely exquisitely with the fruit and the fish. They have a very nice wine list also. BUT, I have to say, the best part of this visit was the welcome (the greeter was actually waiting at her podium, unlike any place I'd been to all week) and most excellent service received in a week in the Sound area. The waitress was so adorable, I wanted to take her home with me, but decided at the very last moment against stuffing her in my suitcase. I think next time I'll leave extra room in my bag.

Reviewed August 7, 2009

We ate dinner twice over the course of a week spent in the area and the food was outstanding on both occassions, as was the service. We dined once on the patio/deck and the second time inside the main dining room. Both seafood and steaks were great. The seafood cakes were so wonderful as a shared appetizer that my wife had them for an entre the second time we visited. The mixed seafood grill was also excellent.