“Great seafood to ribs falling off the bone”

LD's Woodfired Grill
Ranked #5 of 122 Restaurants in Port Angeles
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night
Reviewed August 4, 2014 via mobile

7/28/2014
We happened to stumble upon this place from a recommendation from a B&B. Not knowing what to expect, my party and I were pleasantly surprised. The waitress that evening ( sorry forgot her name) was great. Accommodating, knowledgeable about the menu, beers and wines they served. As far as the food. Everyone enjoyed there dish thoroughly. My ribs were some of the best I ever had. We retired to the deck for dessert and port around the fire ring. We all had such a great dining experiene. And if I didnt live 2500 miles away. Id be a regular.

P.s. being a DMB fan. I felt right at home

1  Thank Bryan M

Reviewed August 2, 2014

OK halibut served on sour champagne risotto. I was really looking forward to the dungeness crab mac and cheese--bummer :-( There were a few shreds of crab in a ridiculously rich cheese sauce. At the $20 price tag, I expect to be able to identify some chunks of crab. The service was very pleasant but very slow, they sent a server home just as the restaurant got busy. Wish we had gotten one of the pizzas, the tiny piece of flatbread served with the mac & cheese was my favorite part of the meal.

Reviewed July 25, 2014

We were in Port Angeles to spend the night before heading to Victoria on Saturday. Taking my Mom for her 80th birthday. Made a reservation and Dave called me back to check in. They gave us our own private room, there were eight of us, and it was really nice. The staff were wonderful and the food amazing. Mom was in heaven. The seafood platter was really good. The steaks were seasoned so well and the chicken was cooked perfect. We would most definitely return! Don't forget to check out dessert! Berry crisp was my favorite.

Reviewed July 19, 2014

We enjoyed the service, atmosphere, and food at this restaurant in July, 2014. We shared the wood fired clams in a savory broth and the plank of salmon, halibut, shrimp, and juicy scallops, washed down with ice cold beer. They do a great job with fish and seafood, but the menu offers good variety. We have been visiting Port Angeles for over thirty years, and this is one of the best meals we have eaten there. On this trip we had the good luck to have another good meal at Cafe Garden.

Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

This was a great stop for us. The environment was perfect, service excellent. We had the salmon special and it was delicious. Kids had the pizza. The one with Alfredo sauce was average at best and they are pricey. Overall, this is a great place for inside or outside dinner.

1  Thank Bentlydog