“Wonderful”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night
Reviewed January 24, 2014 via mobile

We came to Port Angeles today to explore the restoration of the Elwha River after removal of the dams. We had a lovely dinner at LD 's Woodfired Grill. I had the most fresh Dungeness crab harvested today about 20 miles from here. The height of freshness. My husband had a delicious seafood linguini with generous portions of fresh seafood including a quarter crab. Lots of roasted garlic. Gracious service. We 'll come again.

1  Thank Laurel S

Reviewed January 14, 2014

Our server was attentive and efficient, the food was hot and delicious. We loved the warm and inviting atmosphere.

Reviewed November 25, 2013

After reading some of the other reviews, we ate here when we found our first choice closed. Since we didn't have reservations (which I would recommend), we waited on the patio where there were heaters and even blankets -- a nice touch.

Overall, I was a bit disappointed in the food. We both had fish -- salmon and halibut -- and both were inconsistent. Mine was overcooked and dry; my wife's was overcooked on the thin end and undercooked on the thick end. The side dishes were good and we enjoyed the local wild mushrooms.

The service was friendly, and the atmosphere was cozy and romantic. I really thought we would have a great meal, but it didn't live up to expectations (or the price).

1  Thank KentV
Reviewed October 31, 2013

This place was recommended by my hotel. Went and checked it out. Very small, but cozy. Staff was very friendly and accommodating. Had the New York strip. Cooked to perfection. Very little seasoning, but the smoke gave it great flavor. My friend had the meat lover pizza and devoured it. A great experience overall. Prices are decent. Recommend a stop here if you're in the area. I'll be back for sure.

Reviewed October 18, 2013

This restaurant is off the beaten path, looks like lots of locals and repeat business. I understand why, it is wonderful.
We had dungeness mac and cheese, which was an appetizer, but could easily been a meal. It was rich and so creamy, followed by pizza which was excellent.
Be sure and make a reservation or go early, it was packed.