“Fun Day Spent with ATK”

Adventures Through Kayaking Outfitters
More attraction details
Owner description: Focusing on safe, fun, and educational sea kayak, mountain bike and stand up paddleboarding trips in and near Olympic National Park. Our goals are to share the beauty, history and magic of the Olympic Peninsula from the oceans, lakes and forests with kids and adults alike. Family owned and operated since the year 2000.
Reviewed September 9, 2013

I did the all-day adventure....Kayaking Fresh Water Bay in the morning, followed with lunch, and Mountain Biking in the afternoon. This day turned out to be one of the highlights of my trip. The folks at ATK are top notch, friendly, and aim to make you feel very comfortable. They know their stuff! Our guide was Ben, and he was great. Kayaking in Fresh Water Bay was a good time, and Ben was very skilled, and knowledgeable regarding all the aquatic, and marine life etc.... you encounter. The lunch was a typical box lunch from a deli....no complaints. Lastly, the Mountain Biking turned out to be my favorite activity....it was a great time. If you're in shape, it's a little short, but it's a lot of fun. It was my first time Mountain Biking, and I found a new sport to take up. If you have the time, I highly recommend this all-day adventure offered through ATK…..a GREAT TIME!!!

There are newer reviews for Adventures Through Kayaking Outfitters

Reviewed September 7, 2013

We did a sunset kayaking trip in late August with adventures through kayaking and had a great time. We started at the boat launch after gearing up at the shop, and a quick kayak lesson on the shore.

Soon after we began we encountered a family of river otters. As we continued on we explored several coves, checking out the tidal pool life (starfish, anemones, jellyfish and more) and geological features. We kayaked on and saw a lot of birds, includings gulls, cormorants, herons and a kingfisher. We also got to see a family of seals before turning around and heading back. We also snacked on some seaweed and kelp along the way.

Our guide was friendly and full of information. The gear that was provided was all in good shape. I highly recommend an excursion with adventures through kayaking. They are top knotch.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

Booked a family kayaking trip - our kids are 7 and 10, and a first time for all of us. We were treated like friends the second we walked through the door! They completely outfitted us with wetsuits, booties and life jackets, drove us to Fresh Water Bay, gave us a short instruction, loaded us into our kayaks and we were off! Our guide, Ben, was wonderful!! I was worried that we would be stiff, sore and tired after the trip. NOT the case! The trip was leisurely, comfortable, educational, and most of all A TOTAL BLAST! We saw plenty of wild life, in and out of the water. We stopped in a cove and Ben was patient and seemed to enjoy showing off the sea creatures in the tide pools to the kids! They loved it! I would recommend this outfit to EVERYONE who is interested in a kayaking trip! Next time I'm going for the stand-up paddle boarding!!! Thanks so much to you guys for such a fun trip!!

Reviewed August 5, 2013

My girlfriend and I went for the Freshwater Bay tour and a 3-hour private lesson. We had tons of tips throughout and got in a lot of content in the private lesson. Our instructor (Ben) paced the content for our needs, squeezing in where appropriate and giving us time to figure things out where we needed it. We really appreciated his super easy-going perspective, and it's hard to imagine a better instructor.

It was very windy the day we were in town (wind advisories), so we never left Freshwater Bay, but nonetheless we kayaked around it, watched bald eagles swoop over the water, and received great instruction. Afterwards, the private lesson was on Lake Crescent, which was gorgeous and cold. We were highly motivated to learn the capsize recovery steps quickly. :)

I'd happily go back for either more lessons or another tour if we were back in the Olympic Peninsula area.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

We did the half-day kayak and it was such fun! Even though the kayak isn't made for a guy that's 6'6'' we still had a great time. Ben, our guide, was awesome. They supply all the gear you need.....wetsuit (i'm glad I had a cotton jacket to put over it and under the outer waterproof jacket as it was very cold out there), booties, life jacket and dry bag for your stuff. It was a lot of work sea kayaking, but I would definitely do it again.