“Great Breakfast”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed August 20, 2013

We were trying to find the First Street Haven without any luck but saw this restaurant on the corner and decided to give it a try. For breakfast this was a great find. We were seated quickly and drinks were brought. Our two meals were brought in a fair amount of time and were hot. I had the mexi scrambled eggs with jalapenos and salsa and it was as good as I have had in San Antonio. My partner had the fried eggs and ham and loved it. The wheat toast was some of the best I have had in a breakfast restaurant and they had orange marmalade, my favorite. I would recommend this restaurant.

1  Thank satxdiver

Reviewed August 20, 2013

I read these reviews and I wonder what restaurant did these people eat in? Maybe locals get better food and service than tourists. If you ask for mayo or ketchup with your fries, they charge you a surcharge. Never heard of that at any restaurant. Maybe that is something they do to tourists. Lousy sandwich. Wait staff rude. They clearly didn't want to be there on a Sunday afternoon. I hope the kitchen is cleaner than filthy women's room.

1  Thank CTTraveler2011
Reviewed August 12, 2013

What can I say? Great service and food - very speedy filling up the coffee cup. I got the veggie omelet and fresh fruit cup and it was perfect!

Reviewed August 5, 2013

Looking for a place to grab a bite, we tried the Corner House. Typical diner-type fair, we ordered a couple of burgers with fries.
The waitresses were helpful, and I think there's a bar if you'd like a drink with dinner

Reviewed August 1, 2013

We try to arrive a couple of hours ahead of sailing on the MV Coho just to eat here! Our last trip to Port Angeles I ordered the clam strips with fries and coleslaw. Perfectly fried, not chewy in the least and very satisfying My husband was happy with his chicken fried steak with gravy and mashed potatoes, very creamy and comforting on a chilly summers day.Cheerful, prompt service in this original family restaurant.