“Great Breakfast...Freindly Service”

Corner House Restaurant
Ranked #17 of 118 Restaurants in Port Angeles
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Dining on a budget, Large groups, Kids, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Brunch, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Seattle, Washington
“Great Breakfast...Freindly Service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2013 via mobile

Had breakfast here on a Tuesday. Yes it is a little old but don't let that deter you. When I'm in town again this is where to eat breakfast.

1 Thank muddywaters76

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Arlington, Texas
“Good Food, Not So Clean”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2013

Corner House serves tastey comfort food but we have found them lacking in the cleanliness department.. stuff floating in our water glasses and hairs in the food (that's right multiple hairs, not just one) on more than one occasion.

Visited December 2012
2 Thank Jage911
Port Angeles, Washington
“One of the favorite breakfast restaurants in town”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2012

I've only had breakfast at the Corner House and it's been very good. The last time I visited was with friends and they all enjoyed their orders.

Visited May 2012
1 Thank acdfpic
Tacoma, Washington
“Breakfast Deluxe!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 24, 2012

My Spousal Unit and I joined various sisters-in-law and other family members for Christmas Eve breakfast at this excellent restaurant. Spousal Unit and her sisters eat here on a regular basis whenever they get together in Pt Angeles, but it was the first time for me. I've been missing out! Being a breakfast aficionado, I rarely find places that do everything well. Either the eggs are overcooked or runny, potatoes are greasy or undercooked, and the biscuits are doughy lumps or hockey pucks. Not the case at the Corner House! Their biscuits are the closest I've found to my late grandmother's legendary "Biscuits o'Bliss", and I've been looking for that since 1980. I had a garlic chicken skillet, and it was superb! All the ingredients were cooked perfectly, and tasted great in combination. Home fries were golden brown, slightly crispy, with nary a trace of oil or grease. My Spousal Unit ordered blueberry pancakes, and pronounced them to be outstanding...which she has never done in our 24 years together, so that was an early Christmas present! Coffee was first-rate. My only complaint was the lack of Splenda packets, but considering the caloric splurge, a little bit of real sugar in my coffee didn't kill me.
The Corner House staff complements the great eats with superlative service; They are friendly, efficient, and just downright nice folks!
The Corner House Restaurant is just a block or two away from the ferry landing to Victoria, BC, so if you arrive early or are returning to the USA, I highly recommend that you make a beeline for this place. (Also, if you are staying at the Red Lion Hotel, avoid their "Roaring Fart...er...Start Breakfast", which is just plain awful, and have breakfast here instead!

• Visited December 2012
2 Thank FightingLeprechaun
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
“Quiet little cafe”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2012

Had breakfast one morning and the food was great. Our server did a wonderful job and was very friendly.

Visited October 2012