“Go here for Dessert not dinner”
Review of Dupuis Restaurant

Dupuis Restaurant
Ranked #36 of 121 Restaurants in Port Angeles
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 17, 2012

We got bacon-fried chicken as a starter and it was really greasy, although the guys liked it. For the entree I had the ribeye steak. It was super fatty, I got tired of cutting off all the fat, although it was cooked nicely. The yam had a really weird burnt flavor although it wasn't burnt and the mango-butter was tasty. The salad had WAY too much junk in it and the flavor combination was too weird, especially the steamed veggies on a cold salad. The bleu cheese dressing was way too mayannaisey, but the house-made italian was tasty. We got a key-lime cheesecake for dessert and it was delicious. I heard the food was bad but the desserts were good...which is true. It was a little overpriced. Our ticket for 2 appetizers, 2 drinks, 3 entrees, and 2 desserts was $150, I would have felt like it was more worth the value if the tab had been about $130 honestly. I might go back for desserts but never again for dinner. The staff was really nice and I thoroughly enjoyed the music.

3  Thank Tricks27

Reviewed July 23, 2012

Just got back to hotel after feasting on a whole Dungeness Crab by myself. My mother had the salmon baked in orange sauce. We couldn't stop extolling the virtues of our food!!! But before the main event, we were dazzled by the fresh pickled carrots and cucumbers in the house salad, with original salad dressings to boot. Our slice of fresh blackberry pie was amazing. The decor of the 1920's logging house was eclectic and special - hardwood paneling, glass collections, homey lamps. What a fun and "retro" visit to the Olympic Peninsula - go if you have the chance.

3  Thank RaeRee
Reviewed July 9, 2012

I heard the locals pronounce this as "Doopie's". I'm not sure if they're kidding or not. In any case, this place isn't much to look at from the outside and I wasn't inclined to bring visiting guests to dine here. The inside is also in need of a major upgrade but it has its charms - very Victorian and rustic at the same time. Bottom line, the menu was quite nice. My husband raved about his seafood stew. Said it was the best he's ever had. My steak special was okay but it was too heavy on the sauce for my taste. Their potato special and dessert options are not for calorie counters. Service was adequate. Wine selection was good and reasonably priced.

1  Thank Coco06
Reviewed June 7, 2012

Large portions, unusual salads and desserts, and well prepared entrees. The first time I ate here I ordered the Dungeness Crab for two. Ate the monster 3 pound crab all by myself. It was awesome.

2  Thank skwimmer
Reviewed March 23, 2012

not my first pick for Sequim/Port Angeles. Try the Dockside, Alderwood grill, Micheals, or somewhere else

1  Thank abe v