“not at all what the style suggested”

Chestnut Cottage Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 120 Restaurants in Port Angeles
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed May 28, 2013

service was slow, food was lukewarm. biscuits and gravy wasn't very savory, in fact was very boring. coffee refills were very slow in being offered.

beezeportangeles, Owner at Chestnut Cottage Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2013

I am so sorry that you had anything short of a great experience at the Cottage.
We take making our customers happy very seriously. I am going to have a meeting
with our head Chef today and figure out where we went wrong with the biscuits and gravy.
And there is no excuse for not getting refills. I am terribly sorry that happened. We are known
for being over the top about refills and it is upsetting to hear that we failed you.
Thank you so much for alerting us to these problems. And thank you for being specific
with what happened. It will be so much help to us in correcting the problem.
Again I am sorry, II wish I could tell you in person and make up
for what happened.

Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

Every time we're in the area we make sure to stop by Chesnut Cottage. Recently had the spring scramble with asparagus and other veggies and it was delicious. Chesnut Cottage is consistently good every time we go! You can't miss with this one.

1  Thank DonnaAndRC
Reviewed May 24, 2013

Probably the best smoked salmon omelette I've ever had. Giant hunks of real smoked salmon, not just little slices of store-bought stuff. The hash brown were crispy, and the cinnamon roll was big, warm and served with butter, just in case there weren't enough calories. The lunch menu looks good, too.

beezeportangeles, Owner at Chestnut Cottage Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded May 26, 2013

Thank you for the wonderful review and your attention to detail! We buy our salmon locally and have it smoked by Sunrise Meats here in Port Angeles. Reading your review made my day. Thank you so much for taking the time to write it!

Reviewed May 16, 2013

Always a great experience at Chestnut Cottage. The Restaurant is well kept inside and out and the staff is always friendly and helpful. On Mothers Day this year I tried the Banana Split French Toast....OH MY!! Usually I snap a picture but I was so distracted I dove right in! ha! It tasted as good as it looked and sounds. They have great specials like the Lodge Breakfast that comes in a skillet...potatoes, eggs, bacon, hollandaise and more. A little tip for you... Many of the breakfast come with a bakery item, I always get the huge gooey cinnamon roll which is a meal in it's self...

Reviewed April 18, 2013

I had to make a quick overnight trip over to Port Angeles from Victoria for the day and wasn't optimistic about finding a nice place for breakfast. I was amazed and surprised with the Cottage! I run a bed and breakfast in Victoria, BC (Fisher House Bed and Breakfast), and I'm always on the lookout for delicious new ideas so I ordered three dishes that sounded interesting and it was hard to not eat all three! The creme brulee French toast was divine!!! Oh my!!! The quiche was also very good from crust to filling; I was impressed. I also tried a dish that seemed to be a cinnamon roll type French toast that was also remarkable. Service was fine and they didn't look at me funny when I ordered three plates. I will definitely eat breakfast there again! Thanks for the ideas!

2  Thank fisherhouse