“Ask if the Tom Yum soup contains MSG”
Review of Sabai Thai

Sabai Thai
Ranked #1 of 119 Restaurants in Port Angeles
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed October 23, 2013

My wife and I like Thai food and heard this was a very good place based on the reviews. Which it was, however, when ordering the Tom Yum soup ask if it contains MSG because most do and if you are sensitive like I am you will wind up with a bad headache like I did. To make this fresh soup takes time and if the establishment is busy they may use MSG as an ingredient to keep up. Nothing wrong with that just make sure you ask the question. (I forgot to ask an cannot verify MSG was in the food and can only assume). If they are honest they will tell you whether or not the soup contains MSG. Other than that the food was good and there seems to be a very good following. So give it a try.

There are newer reviews for Sabai Thai

Reviewed October 8, 2013

The special today was lamb shank green curry for $16.95, and it was very tempting, but I chose and completely enjoyed the red curry with pork. Service was fast -- I didn't have a chance to drink half my beer, and the food was well spiced. Spice in a Thai restaurant is always tricky, since there isn't a "standard" between restaurants. I had #3 on a scale of 1-5 heat, and found it enjoyable. You're on your own in your selection. I do wish that I had had 2 or 3 dining companions so that we could have eaten family style and enjoyed (and reported) on more dishes.

Reviewed October 7, 2013

We liked it so much we went back the next night. Well known and liked by the locals we could see why. The food was delicious, the service excellent and the prices very reasonable. The décor and ambiance was very pleasant. For sure, if we lived in Port Angeles we would be there often!

1  Thank Michael P
Reviewed October 4, 2013

Why this place got such rave reviews. To be honest, we have had much better Thai food in many other places. It was quite expensive and the food was decent, but it definitely didn't blow our minds as these reviews suggested. If you are a lover of Thai, you might want to try it to see for yourself, to everyone else I would say your money can be spent on better food elsewhere.

1  Thank Yuliya R
Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

We showed up Saturday night 7pm and had to wait... and was it worth it. The girls are quick and food come furious. Pepper hot to top. Lemongrass everywhere.
We came back again.