“The Risk Is Yours”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
Reviewed December 14, 2012

Barbeque is not to be served medium rare. These folks have no idea what they are doing--this from a Chicago guy.

2  Thank samdeeds

Reviewed June 17, 2012

For starters, I really wanted to love this place. However, after a meal, it just didn't make the cut.
The good: 1) the outside appearance - just what you want in a down-home barbecue joint. Love the neon and the blue flame theme along with the smokey barbecue pit outside ; 2) Inside decor is just about right - nice rough wood and blue-flame themed light fixtures - I even liked the giant tub of pop.
The bad: 1) BBQ Sauce: OK, if you stake your claim to being a BBQ joint, at least make your own sauce. OR... lie to me. Don't put a giant bottle of commercial BBQ sauce out on the table like it's you secret sauce (that incidentally reads "refrigerate after opening" but clearly hasn't seen a fridge). Please also hide the Costco pepper in something cool like a tin shaker. 2) Dinner rolls from a package? No cornbread, OK (I would have paid extra for it), but don't give me those terrible cold rolls. 3) Ambience: dead silence is weird. Please play some music - any music. 4) No beer? BBQ without beer is like corn flakes without milk; 5) MOST IMPORTANTLY: THE MEAT: wow! what an underwhelming experience. The meat LOOKED good, but tasted like it was par-boiled or otherwise NOT slow-cooked, and it was definitely tough. I was salivating when I saw it, and then heartbroken after tasting it.

I would have also been happier to pay a lot more if I paid by the item rather than the $15 meal, which seemed expensive (even though it might have been less than I would have paid separately).

Overall, slow-cooked meat that is fall-off-the-bone tender would have made this the ultimate BBQ joint. It's too bad it's not quite there yet (maybe in the future?)

1  Thank HoboToad
Reviewed March 23, 2012

Country atmosphere, great flavors, great steak- fish or chicken, I never tried their ribs.

1  Thank abe v
Reviewed February 21, 2012

Food was cold, the only thing that was even warm were the beans. They ran out of cold rolls,Cornbread was in peices, the help was not friendly at all. They acted as it was a chore to throw the cold food on a plate and put it on the counter for us to pick up. I kept waiting to get sick. Will never go back, and will tell anyone i know the same.

1  Thank Tacey P
Reviewed February 11, 2012

I had the brisket it was like pulled rump roast swimming in grease/fat. My wife had the ribs they we just OK but the potato she had was burnt dry and looked like it was cooked last week. The beans we the best part and the wern't that good and they ran out the people who ordered after us couldn't get any, how can a bbq place run out of beans. The young staff were not interested in the operation at all the tables were dirty no ice for your drink and a lousy attatude. Skip this place for $15 dollars a plate it's junk.

1  Thank Tom M