“Yum! Definitely worth your time...” 5 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout
Port Angeles, Washington
“Yum! Definitely worth your time...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2011

My family LOVES the Blue Flame BBQ, not only for the food, but for the casual Port Angeles style. Port Angeles is a come as you are town where suit coats, ties, and high heels are rarely seen. We go to Blue Flame without expectations of wanting something different and we are NEVER disappointed.
Well.. let me take that back - sometimes we are disappointed... because they are not open 24/7!
Call ahead for take-out

• Visited July 2011
1 Thank OlympicPeninsula2

Poulsbo, Washington
“Wonderfull BBQ and Blue Cheese Salad”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2011

This place has the best hearts of Romaine salad with oil and vingegar based dressing with lots of Blue Cheese chunks and Red Onions. The ribs are cooked outside in the smokey pit area and are excellent. I drive 70 miles to go there and it is worth it. They use Charcoal or cut wood for the fires. I have tried all of the meats and they are something special. Call ahead for hours open --. Currently open Thursday thru Saturday but may extend hours for spring and summer.

• Visited February 2011
1 Thank NWMIND
Sequim, Washington
“Has Gone Down Down Hill!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2010

We have been going to Blue Flame for 3 years. The prices are higher now and the portions have been cut in 1/2. I have no problem with increasing prices, but to eliminate more than 1/2 the food you used to get along with it is awful. Myself along with a group of 20 have all given it 3 tries since the increase and all agree. The barbeque is great, but we will no longer return.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Sequim, Washington
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Finger licken good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2010

I live locally and have been twice. I go with my son who is 10. The food is great. It is a casual environment and fun for the family. My son likes it because he can eat the meat with his fingers...no worries about being all proper. Some of the table have chairs....straw bales with a blankets for others. I will be going back and I bet you will like it.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank msniemeyer
alberta
“I guess my idea of barbeque is different than Blue Flame's”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2010

We went to Blue Flame based on the reviews from TA. We were excited to try a real barbeque place as we don't have these where we live. The decor is rustic all right. I liked the wood carved table and interesting seating (haybales covered in blankets at one table) but I found the blue color on the walls a little strange and it didn't really look like a restaurant. I don't know. A little strange. We walked up to the counter and the menu was on a board, we ordered and then went to wait. This is another thing we found unusual as we don't have a lot of restaurants like this where we live but we encountered this many times on our vacation. My husband, son and I ordered the baby back ribs and my daughter ordered the chicken. We all enjoyed the salad fingers with the blue cheese crumbles and I think the potatoes had potential to be great ( I say potential because they were kind of burnt). Now on to the meat. I don't know if this is how barbeque is done but I didn't care for it. The ribs were very tough, fatty and gristly with no sauce whatsoever. I guess I had a different idea in my head of what it would be. I imagined falling off the bone tender swathed in a yummy sauce and cooked for hours. Not what we got at all. If that is what they are going for then they fail miserably. I guess we were just confused as to what BBQ is. Thanks, but I'll stick to my own way of doing BBQ.