“DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL!!!!!!!!”

Red Lion Hotel Port Angeles
Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in Port Angeles
Ferndale, Washington
“DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL!!!!!!!!”
Reviewed July 20, 2010

My family and I stayed in this hotel for the 14u State baseball tournament and it was the worst place I have ever been especially for the price they charge!!!
The ladies at the check in desk were so rude and I should have known by that first impression it was going to be horrible.
They told me one price when I made reservations and charged me another once I got there for the weekend. They offer continental breakfast but for another added fee.
The beds were like sleeping on a cement floor, Every morning everyone of us had a sore back and body. To take a shower you must put at least 45 min aside because the water pressure was a joke.
Again if you expect to get what you pay for DO NOT STAY HERE!!
Oh yeah and you have to get there early if you want a microwave and fridge because they only have like 35 for the whole hotel so there constantly moving them around. Last but not least an employee was in our room at one time or another because they left a copy of there manifest in our room. Which left every name and number of every person that was in the hotel and what room you could find them in. Hows that for privacy???

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank anicha

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (564)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
mansfield
Reviewed July 9, 2010

Loved the view out our window/balcony at the Red Lion in Port Angeles. Looking out on the water, seeing the viewing tower, and the Coast Guard lighthouse and buildings in the distance was great. We stayed there 3 nights - getting the 3rd night free with their special package. The room was very nice, beds and pillows comfortable. Had micro and frig which were nicely hidden in armoire that also housed and nicely hid TV. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank whoa47
Lakewood, Washington
Reviewed July 8, 2010

My family was visiting Port Angeles for the Fourth of July weekend. We were surprised and happy to have a room with a view of the water. We were able to enjoy the fireworks from the comfort of our balcony. The beds were very comfortable and we appreciated the microwave and fridge in the room. The pool and hot tub were very inviting, and my sister got a good workout at the fitness room. The location of downtown was perfect. We were walking distance from shopping, local food, and the waterfront. The hotel staff were very courteous and knowledgeble about happenings around town. The town was lovely and we enjoyed local restaurants and waterfront dining at the hotel. The next time we are in Port Angeles we will definately be back.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank joyousjoyice
New Lexington, Ohio
Reviewed June 24, 2010

I stayed here on my first night visiting the Olympic National Park. I thought it would be a nice break from hostels. My one night cost $159. I didn't think the Red Lion was any better than an average Best Western or Holiday Inn chain hotel. I thought it was exorbitantly priced. The room was pretty and the bed was comfortable. The view of the Strait of Juan de Fuca was gorgeous, but my room faced the parking lot. I did like that they provided toiletries from Bath and Body works.

The location is excellent. For the Twilight fans, the Red Lion is only a couple blocks away from Bella Italia, the Lincoln Theatre, Port Book and News and Dazzled by Twilight. To my knowledge, however it does not have any Twilight-themed rooms like most of the accommodations in nearby Forks.

I signed up for the Roaring Start breakfast buffet and was highly disappointed. It cost nearly $10 and half the food had run out. The waitress greeted me, then never offered to seat me even though the sign said "please wait to be seated." I seated myself and was thoroughly ignored by the waitstaff. The food was average. I would've had a better meal at McDonalds for half the price.

I'd recommend the hotel if you had someone traveling with you to share costs. I felt it was too expensive for a solo traveler.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank shelbug99
Alpharetta, Georgia
Reviewed June 22, 2010

We had a nice time in Port Angles. Our vacations are always go, go, go so we usually only stay one night in a particular hotel. This one was clean and comfortable. Had free internet access and our view was awesome. Even a little beach just outside our door.

We'd stay there again.

Oh, and it is easy walking distance to the Twilight sights and shopping.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank KHSGeorgia
Kirkland, Washington
Reviewed June 15, 2010

The hotel was friendly, clean, quiet and accommodating. I'd stay here again in a second. I was impressed from the start with the check-in hostess and then even more impressed (and I travel a lot) with the staff in the restaurant. It's amazing how attitude and personality can impact your stay. Everyone was extremely friendly, helpful and went the extra mile. Enjoyed it!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank PAS101
Lynden, Washington
Reviewed June 8, 2010

Many times I have visited Port Angeles and thought it would be marvelous to stay on the waterfront in the Red Lion Hotel. Frankly I was disappointed this last Memorial Day weekend with our two-night stay. The hotel is showing its age. It doesn't even have a business center and the hot tub is outside. No one bothered to uncover the hot tub which we had to do ourselves. The breakfast buffet was poorly managed. They ran out of plates and food. We stood in line a long time waiting for plates. Then there was no milk for the cereal and the fruit was gone. It was very disorganized and I didn't like eating cold food. It is a hotel for dog owners so we saw lots of them at this location, so if you have a dog you may like it here.

• Stayed May 2010

#2 of 16 in Port Angeles
Port Angeles Inn
Port Angeles Inn
#5 of 16 in Port Angeles

Been to Red Lion Hotel Port Angeles? Share your experiences!