2,605 results
All reviews water view crab house waterfront room walking path water front room was clean ferry to victoria second floor in town free breakfast hurricane ridge olympic national park pier port coho pet canada
Reviewed May 2, 2016

great place... but needs workable coffee makers in rooms. I loved the fact it was on the water with a wonderful walking path right out front. It is close to great eating places and wonderful little shops to explore.

Room tip: just, again, new coffeepots
Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Namaste C, Manager at Red Lion Hotel Port Angeles, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2016

Diane,

Thank you for being a guest at our Hotel and for reviewing us on TripAdvisor! I'm so pleased that you had such a great stay with us! I'm sorry you had trouble with your coffee maker in the room. They are built as individual servings with your cup used as the coffee craft!

I hope we have a chance to see you again!

Reviewed May 2, 2016

Check-in was horrific. We were behind several people also experiencing horrific check-ins. Although it's the offseason, only two people were working at the front desk at check-in time.

Port Angeles is cold at night - especially during the off-season. The heater in our room was broken, and there was an errant blond hair hanging from the bedside lamp. Ew.

I called Housekeeping to ask for more blankets - straight to voicemail. I called the front desk and asked for blankets that didn't arrive. The internet - HAHAHAHA. Yeah. Forget about the internet - there wasn't even an ethernet jack in our room. Bring your own phone to use as a hotspot.

I called the front desk; the same "Your blankets are on the way" person said to call the toll-free IT number in the grubby hotel directory. Three tries later, I made it past the IT busy signal and spoke to a human being who was beyond awesome (NOT Red Lion but their internet provider service center), and he said he would call the front desk and ask them to reset the router. Meanwhile, I asked my brother to call the front desk because the heater still wasn't working - maybe we were one-hour into our stay and still had no heat or blankets.

My brother had better luck than I did, and an awesome maintenance worker named Chris brought a blanket, worked on the heater, and told us that he can have the front desk move us, because this is the second unit they had that day with no heat.

We chose to move to another room. Chris said he'd checked the heater before we moved and offered to help us carry our things. Really awesome guy.

I wish Chris managed the place.

I wish I took pictures of the flatscreen TV *behind* the flatscreen TV in our room. The one in the rear is *coming soon* or something. Too funny.

Room tip: There are two buildings. In one building, some rooms face the beach/port.
Date of stay: May 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with family

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for being a guest at our Hotel and for taking the time to review us on Tripadvisor, despite your less then positive experience. We are currently undergoing some major renovations and not just on the outside of the building. We are currently in the process of switching over many of our main computer systems. I apologize that our issues had not been fully resolved before the time of your stay. However, more then just systems being down and construction taking place I am fully disappointed to hear how our staff handled the issue and fielded the calls. I am very glad that Chris was able to step in and fully take care of you during your stay. I will be sure to extend a thank you his way on your behalf. I will also take this as a learning opportunity for each of our departments.

I do hope that we have an opportunity to host you again and to correct the mistakes that were previously made.

Reviewed May 2, 2016

We have stayed at this hotel in the past and have been very pleased with it. This past stay was a disappointment. When we checked in, we were assigned a room that did not allow us to connect to the wireless internet. We notified the office and were told someone would come to the room and help us. After an hour wait we went to the office, verified that our iPad worked there and therefore the problem was with our room. We were told a work order had been created and the problem would be corrected. We contacted the office two more times and each time were told that the problem was being addressed. The attitude displayed by the staff when we asked about the problem was disappointing and not very helpful. The wireless connection did not work for our entire stay. When we checked out the next morning and asked what the problem with the connection was, we were told there had been no work orders filed for our room and no problem with the wifi connection had been reported. After not having wifi for our entire stay, the staff then charged us an additional $5 resort fee even though we had paid for the room in advance.

• Trip type: Traveled with family

Dear valued guest,

I am horribly disappointed to hear about your last stay with us. Unfortunately, for the last 2 weeks we have been experiencing major issues with our WiFi. I can assure you that a tech was called out and these issues have been completely resolved. I am so sorry that this happened during your stay.

Reviewed May 2, 2016

This facility was unkempt and did not provide the level of service I expected. The only thing it had going for it was the closeness to the ferry terminal. It was undergoing renovation but they need to include the interior as well as the exterior.

Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Namaste C, Manager at Red Lion Hotel Port Angeles, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2016

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for being a guest at our Hotel and for Taking the time to review your stay with us on Tripadvisor.

I am sorry that you were slightly disappointed with your stay. We are in the middle of a big renovation that will include most issues that were experienced during your stay.

I hope that you have the chance to see us once everything is complete!

Reviewed May 2, 2016

We were offered an upgraded room, to have a view of the water, but didn't get the king size bed I originally booked, only 2 fulls/ or queens. The desk chair was really to fall apart and the other chair with foot stool was too filthy to sit on.
Someone almost busted into our room and would have if the bolt wasn't on.
Alot of loud people in the hall outside our door. Might have been because of the drink and ice machines
The dinner was really expensive and disappointing.

Date of stay: April 2016
Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for staying at our hotel and for taking the time to review us on Tripadvisor. I am disappointed to hear that you were not completely satisfied with your visit. As you probably saw during your visit, we are in the middle of a renovation and plan on correcting many of the issues that were pointed out. I hope that you have the opportunity to stay with us again when our renovations are complete.