2,589 results
All reviews crab house waterfront room water view walking path water front room was clean ferry to victoria second floor black ball ferry beautiful view free breakfast hurricane ridge olympic national park port coho pet proximity
Reviewed April 13, 2016

BEDS ARE AWFUL! Hard as a rock. I could hardly walk the next day. Lumpy pillows. The staff couldn't answer basic questions. I asked if the TV had paid movies or HBO. They looked at me as if I was speaking Russian. The location is EXCELLENT and great room size. Apparently, on the first floor, there are no bath tubs...just fyi...I don't know for sure - it was definitely the case in my room.

Room Tip: CHANGE BEDS! And educate your staff... Otherwise...pretty good place. :)
1  Thank Hannah S
Kayla R, Front Desk Lead at Red Lion Hotel Port Angeles, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2016

Hannah,
Thank you for staying with us and sharing your experience. I am sorry to here you were not satisfied with your stay. We have a couple new girls training at the front desk who may have been unsure about the HBO, we are working hard on training them to be able to answer any question thrown their way. I would also like to assure you that we do have bath tubs on the first floor, it sounds like you may have booked into an ADA room during your stay, I am sure next time if you call the front desk we would love to get you arranged with a room with a bath tub.
I hope you come to stay with us again so we can give you the experience we thrive for here at the Red Lion.
Kayla R

Reviewed April 12, 2016

Located right on the water in Port Angeles, WA, this large motel is an easy walk from the Black Ball Ferry dock, visitor centre and multitude of restaurants and shops. Samantha, Jim and Chris at the front desk were all friendly and professional and assisted with a minor glitch immediately. There is a restaurant attached to the motel that overlooks the water and offers a wide range of options for every taste - breakfast, lunch and dinner. The property is older but mostly well maintained based on only those areas I used (not pool, fitness or business centre). Rooms were clean, comfortable, with large flat screen televisions, desk and chair/ottoman. Basic toiletries were available. This hotel offers good pricing for Canadian travellers, especially if you book as part of a ferry package. There is a small, rocky beach and trails, although in April, the trail was under refurbishment. It is dog friendly and is well suited for anyone with mobility issues provided you are on the ground floor. TIP: Almost everything in town is uphill from this property - not a problem if you are fit, but it could be a challenge otherwise. Check out the local history tour ($12 USD) which showcases an interesting past (not particularly interesting for children under 12 years).

Stayed: April 2016, traveled solo
1  Thank gateway889
Namaste C, Manager at Red Lion Hotel Port Angeles, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2016

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for being a guest at our hotel and for taking the time to share your experience with the world! I am so pleased to hear about how great your stay was! It sounds like you had a very wonderful time in the States. Due to the popularity of our promotion, we have decided to extend this offer through the end of May! Meaning Canadians will still receive 27% off at our hotel and restaurant!

Thank you for pointing out our Front Desk Agents and how friendly and efficiently they were able to fix the glitch that happened! I will be sure to share this review with them and to point out how great it made the gu4est experience, despite the initial error.

I do hope that we have the opportunity to see you here again!

Namaste Cousins

Reviewed April 12, 2016

Long wait to check in. AC unit leaking / not working. No room available on the 1st floor. Not a great front vibe from the front desk staff. Not their fault but a young girl was singing outside our door for a good 10 minutes. My wife had to get up and tell her to be quiet

Room Tip: If you get a bad room ask to get upgraded to the water view side
Stayed: April 2016, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MarkW3021

Mark,

Thank you for being a guest at our hotel and for taking the time to review your stay with us online. I'm sorry that you had a less then desirable check in experience. This is definitely not the impression that we like to leave. I will touch base with them on how to move through a line efficiently and how to treat every guests as if they were welcoming family.

I hope that we get a chance to see you here again.

-Namaste Cousins

Reviewed April 11, 2016 via mobile

We recently stayed at Red Lion for spring vacation. The staff were beyond amazing greeting us and making us feel comfortable. The view was spectacular and the room was very clean. My daughters enjoyed the bicycles provided by the hotel. We will definitely be back.

1  Thank Tiffany W

Tiffany,

Thank you so much for reviewing your stay with us online! I am so happy to hear that you were a guest at our hotel and that you had such a lovely Spring Break with us! I'm so excited to hear that your daughters were able to enjoy the use of our complimentary bikes! I hope that they were able to enjoy them along our Waterfront Trail!

I hope that we do see you back here again!

Namaste C

Reviewed April 10, 2016 via mobile

We went online and booked the only hotel that has a reasonable price and next to the water. We checked in and went to our room and saw red fingerprints on the door. My husband thought it's strange that they're there and made me called the front desk to let them know. We're shocked that the housekeeper didn't check the door to see if it's clean or not but besides the loud toilet and the issues we mentioned above the room was clean and the bed was comfy.

Chanthon,

Thank you for being a guest at our hotel and sharing your experience with the world on TripAdvisor! I am horribly sorry to hear what you had encountered in your room. I heard about this the day that it occurred and it has already been thoroughly addressed with staff.

I hope we have the chance to see you again and once again I am terribly sorry for this occurrence.

Namaste C