“Crabfest”

Red Lion Hotel Port Angeles
Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in Port Angeles
Reviewed October 14, 2013

We took the Blackball ferry from Victoria to PA and this hotel is an easy two block walk from the ferry terminal. We had a very nice king size room which was clean and very presentable. The staff were informative and courteous. Good value for the money paid.

Room Tip: We stayed at the back of the hotel due to the Crabfest activities on the water side (quieter) During...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Namaste C, Manager at Red Lion Hotel Port Angeles, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2016

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your review and for being a guest at our hotel!

I hope that we get to see you here again!

Warm regards,

Namaste C

Write a ReviewReviews (2,279)

Reviewed October 13, 2013

I am rating the Red Lion excellent because Port Angeles is, what I consider a small town, and this hotel goes beyond what I expected. I live in Victoria, BC and went, with a friend, to Pt. Angeles for their annual Crab Festival this weekend ( October 11-12, 2013). My friend and I stayed at the Red Lion Hotel, a short walking distance from the Coho Ferry Dock. The Coho Ferry takes passengers to and from Victoria, BC, Canada to Pt. Angeles, Washington, USA. We had a package deal...hotel pre-paid. Check in went with out any problems, a tad slow, but with no problems. We got our room facing the water with two beds. The room was a very pleasant surprise. Very spacious, very clean, very comfy mattresses and pillows, bathroom just fine and a very nice view. Who could ask for anything more? We ate our lunch at their restaurant and had the BEST Dungeness Crab/corn chowder we had both ever eaten! Don't go with the cup...enjoy a bowl of this delight. We enjoyed room service for breakfast and our meals were very good. My friend had a Dungeness Crab omelette with veggies and cheese and and I had a bagel, ask them to toast it twice, with cream cheese and fresh fruit...delightfully fresh fruit and a lot of it. Both meals were good. I would not hesitate staying at the Red Lion Hotel in Port Angeles again. Oh yes...........there is a free shuttle to the casino!

Room Tip: Get a room overlooking the water...you only live once! You will be able to watch the Coho Ferry comi...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 11, 2013

Had stayed here a few years ago and liked the location but the hotel itself was nothing special. I was pleasantly surprised to find that the rooms have been updated since that first trip and are really quite lovely. I was on the second floor with a parking lot view and did not experience any noise problems. We were a group of 30 plus people and most of us had dinner at the on site restaurant. Service was slow but we understood that they were overwhelmed by all of us eating at the same time. The bed was the most comfortable I've ever had in a hotel/motel, etc. and several others in the group also remarked on how good the beds are. My only complaint would be that there were hardly any television stations and no HD channels. Hotel employees were very welcoming and helpful. I would/will definitely stay there again,

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 1, 2013 via mobile

Stayed on top floor (2nd) facing the water with roomy balcony. Great view. Clean, comfortable, recently renovated hotel rooms.

Nicer quality bath amenities & 2 sinks. Clean, comfortable beds. Yes, pillows are short but comfortable.

An excellent value for in-town lodging. Day staff very friendly. Enjoyed our stay.

When several cargo/tanker ships are in port for repairs it may fill up with longshoreman but it wasn't when I was there.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed October 1, 2013

I stay at the Red Lion in Port Angeles 15-20 nights a year while on work related travel. The staff at the hotel - from the front desk to the restaurant and all in between - are courteous and treat you like a VIP. If there is a problem, which happens rarely in my experience, the staff bend over backwards to make things right. The rooms are clean and are being updated, the food at the restaurant is good, and the hotel is centrally located in downtown Port Angeles, minutes away from the headquarters and main visitor center of Olympic National Park. Plenty of restaurants nearby within walking distance. I have a choice of where to stay, but I continue to be a loyal customer for the reasons mentioned above.This is a real review, written by a real customer.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 30, 2013

This was my second time staying here. I have a hard time giving a bad rating out when I am willing to go back a second time unless something was different for the worse. This is what keeps me from giving out three stars, so four it is.

This Red Lion is a decent hotel, but it has its problems. The most glaring problem of them all was the shower that had mold/mildew all around it and it was representative of the general cleanliness issues otherwise. It wasn't terrible, but it wasn't as clean as I'd like to see.

The problem is that the rooms here are expensive enough that you expect near perfection. And for the most part, that is what you get. The rooms are generally nice and the location is great. The bed wasn't bad, though not perfect.

Obviously, I was willing to stay here a second time, and I probably will again. It would be good to see them update the rooms a little further, but it's not a bad place to stay.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed September 26, 2013

I booked this room for 1 night well in advance for a good price we asked about staying another night after our trip to Victoria, the rates were almost double for a weeknight. We were in the back building not even on the waterfront 2nd floor, no elevator so for that price we looked elsewhere. The location however was perfect it was really nice walking the waterfront at sunrise. They have a restaurant attached were we ate it was just ok there are a few more within walking distance, easy drive to Hurricane Ridge. The room was adequate for our needs, it was small, the bed was comfy the shower sprayed a small flood all over the bathroom floor. The lobby computer was down as well as WiFi. We walked to MV Coho to catch the ferry the next day. They charged $5.00 parking for overnight, not bad. We would recommend this hotel for the location.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
#15 of 16 in Port Angeles
Super 8 Port Angeles
Super 8 Port Angeles
#2 of 16 in Port Angeles

Been to Red Lion Hotel Port Angeles? Share your experiences!