“Take the ferry and stay next door at the Red Lion in Port Angeles”

Red Lion Hotel Port Angeles
Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in Port Angeles
Missoula, Montana
“Take the ferry and stay next door at the Red Lion in Port Angeles”
Reviewed April 18, 2013

Begin or end your work or leisure trip here and feel so spoiled! I drove from a work assignment and before taking the ferry I stayed at the Red Lion. First of all, the receptionist Samantha was so welcoming and friendly. I walked into my guest room and immediately relaxed. Lovely toiletries and a water view. Breakfast is complimentary and the in-house restaurant is easy to get to and delicious. I walked on nearby wharf and on the small beach right outside my room and was lucky enough to find sea glass, pretty shells and singing sea gulls. Internet is free and a refrigerator is provided in guest rooms. This is a place to come again and again!

Room Tip: I like the downstairs rooms in the first unit closest to parking and the eating spot. Also, close to...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
4 Thank elaine s

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (564)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Port Angeles, Washington, United States
Reviewed April 17, 2013

Excellent staff, clean rooms, great view! It was worth the $169/ night and I would stay there again. Front desk staff are hospitable and kind. All around a great hotel to stay at. I think it should be number one rated in Port Angeles!!!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Klh0192
Tahuya, Washington
Reviewed April 16, 2013

So this weekend my boyfriend and I went up to P.A. to see family. We thought " Lets stay at the Red Lion!" MISTAKE. We got there and were greeted by a very nice young lady at the front desk. We rented our room for 169 per night. Got to the room and it stunk! (To the point we went to the store and bought candels and air spray) The door jam had been kicked in and the "repair" was just one nail. The bed spread had pet hair on it.(we just removed it from the bed) The grout in the shower was either stained or moldy. (Didn't get too close) Out on the deck(that had a BEAUTIFUL water view! Although NOT worth 169) the over head had a huge rotted spot. The sliding glass door was sweating and had lots of INDOOR moisture. There was a nice flat screen T.V. but it only had cable ran to it so the picture was quite poor. The bed was comfortable. We would have left but we had things to do in the morning in P.A. Bottom line is this place needs A TON of work and is NOT worth staying at. I feel like the only reason this hotel is still getting used is the name! I WILL NEVER MAKE THAT MISTAKE AGAIN!!!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Heather C
Hannah C, Manager at Red Lion Hotel Port Angeles, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Good day~

I would first like to say thank you for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor after you checked out of our hotel. I greatly appreciate and value all feedback that is given, whether positive or negative. It is our goal to see that to see that all suggestions and concerns are taken care of immediately.
Secondly, I would like to express my sincere apologies for issues that you experienced during your stay. I do hope that these concerns were brought up to the staff, for a chance to resolve them prior to your departure. It is disappointing for me to hear that we fell short in multiple areas in meeting your expectations. I will agree that our property is an older property; however, we are in the process of making multiple updates and take great pride having friendly service with clean accommodating guest rooms.
Thank you again for your feedback. If you would like to discuss these matters further, please feel free to contact me directly. I hope when you visit Port Angeles again, you will give us the opportunity to exceed your expectations!

Best regards,

Hannah Hooper

Travelers are raving about these Port Angeles hotels

Olympia, Washington
Reviewed April 15, 2013

Excellent hotel, super staff, clean, quiet, comfortable, accessible - a great place to stay one or two or even more nights. I always select a water side room, and I enjoy listening to the waves while enjoying the view from the deck. Prices are fair and accommodations (bed, bath, layout and location) are the best in the area. Every request we had were met promptly. While here, enjoy the food at the attached restaurant, and if its not too late in the afternoon, enjoy a drive up to Hurricane Ridge and enjoy the scenery from a bit higher altitude!.We'll be back again and again. Recommended~

Room Tip: Recommend the water side rooms. If, however, you want to stay close to your car, choose the hillside...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank SBruce J
Port Angeles, Washington
Reviewed April 9, 2013

I have been staying at the Red Lion Hotel for several weeks due to business in the area. Very friendly and accommodating staff. The Front Desk staff ( Holly , Sam , Autumn, and Sara) are terrific. Housekeeping (Tabetha and April) have done an excellent job as well. Bedding and towels are always clean and comfortable. My room is very large with a wonderful view of the ocean. Be sure to ask for a room that faces the water. You will understand why after you check in. Being within walking distance to the ferry to Victoria is a pleasant convenience as well.
The restaurant is a bit pricey...but so are most other hotel restaurants. It depends on what you order. The food here has been satisfactory to above average.
I have thoroughly enjoyed my stay and definitely recommend staying here.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
5 Thank John196926
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed April 9, 2013

This hotel is as close to the water as you can get. While the rooms are average, they are clean and comfortable. This is a great place to stay if you like to be able to take a short walk to different dining options, however, if you are really lazy there is the Crab House restaurant on site.

Would definitely stay here again. I recommend paying extra and getting a room with an ocean view.

Room Tip: Book room facing the water, otherwise you face a parking lot.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank PnSfromLA
Maple Valley, Washington
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Clean, renovated room facing the water. Friendly and accommodating staff. Walking distance to several restaurants. Pet friendly. Comfortable beds. Unfortunately the person above us liked to get up at 4:00 am and pace around a lot. However, all other noises were normal for hotel noises. Would stay again.

Room Tip: Water front view was great.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
#2 of 16 in Port Angeles
Port Angeles Inn
Port Angeles Inn
#5 of 16 in Port Angeles

Been to Red Lion Hotel Port Angeles? Share your experiences!