“Nice Room”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Macon
Ranked #46 of 67 Hotels in Macon
Reviewed June 6, 2008

The hotel staff and the room were very nice, however the trains kept waking me up during the night. If you are a light sleeper don't stay here.

• Stayed: June 2008
1  Thank dallastexan2

Reviewed December 11, 2007

the manager changed my room that I had guaranteed with a credit card.. She said the clerk made a mistake and could not book me the rooms. She offer me another room at an additional charge $99.00 .. She wanted me the pay extra for her mistake.
The room she offered was a room with a king size bed , that I was supposed to sleep six people. Now I can't find any other room near our convention and the block rate has expired at all motels so I have to pay full price. A credit card guarantee of your room means nothing to this motel.... they will change it to fix their mistakes withour your knowledge..

Stayed: December 2007
Reviewed July 22, 2007

I looked at several Hotels in the Macon Ga area for my little Road Trip. And since there wasn't any good Hotel in the Downtown area. I decided to stay a little bit outside of Macon about 5 miles North off of I-75. I picked the Fairfield Inn & Suites for I've stayed at them before. And that this one had been upgraded back in Feburary of this year 2007. I arrived at 2:00pm check in time was 3:00pm but a room was ready and I got room 107 (First Floor) I prefer a higher floor but since this Hotel only has three floors and there wasn't much of a view I took the first floor. Inside the room the King size bed was great and new and it felt like a down pillow. The a/c was cold and I loved that very much I was able to park my car out front so I could keep an eye on it being that Its a new Honda Fit I wanted to make sure no one screwed with it. The next morning I had Breakfast at the Hotel Hard boiled egg and two slices of toast and a fruit cup I prefer to eat in my room being its summer vacation and children were back and forth to the Waffle bar and they were being kids. Check out was smooth and then I was on my way towards Atlanta.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled solo
Reviewed July 20, 2007

What a wonderful Hotel. I have read the other comments and they have updated their internet. I stay their very often due to my job location. The breakfast is wonderful, Belgian Waffles, hot biscuits, and their coffee is made fresh, not the instant. The staff is out of this world. I have never felt so at home. They have that true southern hospitality. Its right off the interstate, but off the road enought to not hear the interstate traffic. They are SO CLEAN!!! CLEAN!!! pretty rooms as well. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled on business
Reviewed July 7, 2006

A standard, clean hotel room on an interstate for a decent rate. Nothing more, but just as importantly when you are on the road in an unfamiliar area, nothing less.

• Stayed: July 2006
2  Thank tontoh
A TripAdvisor Member
Panama City Beach
Reviewed March 24, 2006

The hotel was very clean and the staff was helpful. My only complaint is that it is located near the train tracks. We checked in after dark, so I didn't realize this. All throughout the night, the trains ran and blew their whistles.

Stayed: March 2006
Reviewed August 9, 2005

I stayed at the Fairfield Inn & Suites in Macon in early August. You get what you pay for... a clean, well kept, good-sized room in a newer hotel. The complimentary continental breakfast was good, but nothing out of the ordinary. The hotel staff was friendly and helpful. Very close to the I-75 for travellers. I would stay here again!

• Stayed: August 2005