“Real treat for a very long day”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Macon
Ranked #39 of 68 Hotels in Macon
“Real treat for a very long day”
Reviewed October 21, 2012 via mobile

Staff was delightfully helpful. Allowed late check out so we could attend worship services. Room large and comfortable best bed on this month away from home, with plenty of pillows. Several places to eat nearby. Fuel prices great and plentiful. Location right near interstate? Priced very affordable. Would highly recommend.

• Stayed October 2012
FIS_General-Manager, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Macon, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
Thank you so much for your rave review of our property! It warms my heart when I hear positive feedback about the team here as customer service is our top priority. We try not to be just someplace to lay your head, but a home away from home. I am glad that we were able to accommodate everything that you needed while you were here. We hope to see you again on your next trip through Macon! We know you had a choice and we thank you for choosing us.

Best regards,

Colleen Heady and the Fairfield Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Lincoln, Nebraska
Reviewed August 12, 2012

We used a coupon out of the hotel book. The coupon said upgraded bedding. While the bedding was upgraded, the bed itself was very saggy. Also, I called ahead to see if they had a hot tub and was told yes. However, after we checked in, we found out it really wasn't a hot tub, but a luke warm tub. I asked if they could adjust the temperature and was told they were having trouble getting it to work. After traveling in the car all day, that is something we were looking forward to. The front desk should be knowledgeable an upfront with potential customers. The people at the front desk were very nice and helpful when looking for a place to eat or a place to deliver.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed June 27, 2012

All in all for I completely satisfied with everthing the hotel had to offer. Hotel service was very nice and friendly and the room was clean. Check in and out with no major problems. Needed help to access internet service, but after logging, all as fine. The bed was a lot more comfortable then what I was expecting it to be also. Very nice place to stay and will stay again...pc

Room Tip: The AC unit outside the window could have been quieter for sure.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
okeechobee
Reviewed May 1, 2012

We "won" this hotel stay at a silent auction for one of our favorite local charities. The hotel was surrounded by other Marriott properties. The staff was friendly but didn't seem very knowledgeable about the area. No one went out of their way to make us feel welcome. The room was ok; it smelled musty when we arrived and we borrowed air freshener from a staff person which helped significantly. The drains were sluggish. The hotel had been full on the previous night and it didn't feel as if the staff had had enough time to do their usual thorough cleaning of this room. The fitness center equipment worked well; breakfast was adequate. There's a lot of construction in this area of Macon. Given all the other wonderful places to stay along I-75, I'm not certain we'd return to this property.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank okeedot
Huntsville, Alabama
Reviewed April 18, 2012

We reserved a room here on an overnight stay on the way to Disney. I was very pleased to see upon arrival that the property was very attractive and although right off the exit the hotel was tucked off in a little valley. This made it very private and quiet despite being on a major interstate. I had called 2 hours prior to arrival to let the front desk know that I would have a late arrival and they assured me that it was no problem I was unhappily surprised when I checked in and the front desk told me that they did not have the room I reserved. They were very nice and went out of their way to make it right but it was unnerving. Otherwise the stay was pleasant. The rooms were clean. The breakfast selection was adequate and made even better by the TLC provided by Miss Judy in the dining room.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed April 17, 2012

As I mentioned in a previous review, I do stay here a lot on business. The front desk staff continue to be very polite and helpful. Katie Ann (I thiink it is Katie Ann) is very perky and always remembers me - a nice plus. Rooms are standard for a Fairfield Inn and cleanliness if pretty consistant as others have stated. Good Value if you get the walk up rate. Ask for it.

Breakfast is getting better - just wish the toaster was faster.

Room Tip: 2nd floor, end of hall
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
grand rapids
Reviewed April 3, 2012

I stayed here with my two children en route to Florida. I find Fairfield Inns to be pretty consistent in terms of cleanliness, service, etc. and this was no different. I felt safe staying here and the front desk staff was very friendly. Rooms were clean and breakfast buffet was sufficient.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family