“Surprised”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Macon
Ranked #38 of 67 Hotels in Macon
Reviewed July 7, 2011

Hotel employees were nice, rooms were nice, hallways were musty. Here's the kicker- It's not next to the highway, but it is next to the trains. Trains. Not Train. Trains. You will not have to schedule a wake up call. The breakfast was in a small area and was just real average slummish...along with stinkin' CNN blaring on a large screen in that small area for my small children to have to be exposed to until I took liberty with the channel selector.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank brentessee
There are newer reviews for Fairfield Inn & Suites Macon

Reviewed November 8, 2010

Had originally reserved for two nights. Had also asked for adjoinging rooms for a party of 4 women, asked for no down pillows in room. Arrived around 8:30pm was told there were no more adjoing rooms althought I had been promised one. Elevator took forever to come down! When getting ready to go to sleep, pulled back the comforter and saw a dark spot on the sheet. Upon further investigation, found that the spot was on the mattress pad. It appeared to be blood that had been there for a long time. There was also lots of stains on the pad. Brown and yellow stains. Called the front desk to ask for a replacement --was told that houekeeping had gone for the day but she would try to find another one. She did bring one up--handed it to me throught the door and left. When I went to put in on, it was actually a soiled one. Called front desk back to ask if it was supposed to be clean, the response "Well I got it from the clean area" Then i told her I wanted the number for the other Marriott, she offered to change the room. I agreed and she said she would bring up some keys to other rooms and let me look at them. When she appeared at the door she had a brand new , never been opened mattress pad. Never mentioned the keys. I took the new pad and survived the night. However, come morning, I checked out and wen to the Marriott City Center where service was above and beyond! They did give me $20 off each room. So much for saving a few dollars to stay at a lesser hotel! Will never stay at another Fairfield!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank bss1556
Reviewed September 26, 2009

This hotel is O.K., but overall the hotel was a little dated and had a slight "musky" smell upon entering the room. I may just be a little spoiled, but I like staying in newer or newly remodeled rooms. It wasn't bad for a one night stay, but for a longer stay I may look into newer options with more space.

Cons: The TV was a dinosaur no movies, etc. , the room was small, the room decor was dated and had a musky odor, heard some trains at night, found a couple of bugs in the bathroom

Pros: Room was fairly clean, Staff is great, Internet connection was great, Breakfast was great, chair with ottamon was nice, fridge and microwave in the room was a nice touch, lastly they accept the government rate

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed August 1, 2009

I travel frequently and this hotel compares to other Fairfield Inn's I've stayed in. Nice & clean and updated looks. The only problem I encountered was that there were no pool towels available when I approached the front desk attendant. I guess they had been busy and had no more left. Other than that, no problems. I would stay here again if I were going through Macon.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed July 22, 2009

First of all I want to commend Brittney and Tonya (manager) for the welcome and service they gave us in a pinch. We were scheduled to stay at another Fairfield just south of Atlanta (on our way to Florida) when we were greeted by fire alarms, evacuations during check in, and a report of smoke in the building. After waiting a very long time for the fire dept to get there to check things out we felt unsafe and called the Fairfield reservation number to cancel that location and find another. We were given the Macon location on Sheraton Dr. They made sure we had everything we needed for a comfortable stay and gave us a nice suite with 2 queen beds and a sofabed to accommodate the 5 of us. We were so pleased that we changed our return reservation so we could stay at this location again.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed May 16, 2009

I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights in early April for a business trip (I actually tried to stay here again in early May but since they refused to give me a late check out, I canceled my reservation and stayed at the other Fairfield).

Check in was very easy & there were freshly baked cookies, which were very good. The breakfast was a typical continental breakfast, the coffee is terrible (& the lady cleaning and stocking it was very nice).

The room was spacious and very clean. The room even included a refrigerator and microwave, which were both very helpful.

Overall, great stay for the money. Had they been nicer to me about my next stay, I would have stayed again every month until December.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed March 20, 2009

i NEVER sleep when i'm at a hotel, and, for the first time, i slept through the night. beds are so comfortable and hotel was quiet. breakfast actually had several healthy options, rather than the ubiquitous weird bacon and powdered eggs. breakfast server very friendly. hotel very clean and quiet, and tastefully decorated. rooms updated and nice. too many down pillows, but we seem to find that everywhere lately. fridge and microwave in room, too. our only complaint was that, even with marriot rewards, room was pricey, at 110.00, which is high for a highway hotel.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with family