“Consider my bad experience before staying at Fairfield Inn - Macon West”

Fairfield Inn Macon West
Ranked #51 of 67 Hotels in Macon
A TripAdvisor Member
“Consider my bad experience before staying at Fairfield Inn - Macon West”
Reviewed April 22, 2003

I am a high ranking Air Force employee and stayed at the Fairfield Inn - Macon West on April 14th, 2003. I called the front desk for a wake up call for 5:30a, but the desk never called my room.I woke up at 7:00a, had to delay my business associate, and didn't have time to take a morning shower, get breakfast or even a cup of coffee, and barely had time to dress and brush my hair. We were late for a very important meeting at Robins Air Force Base because of no wake up call. I might have still awakened when I should have if the cheap, ineffective clock radio (if you can call it that) had worked. Upon checking out, I gave my phone number to the desk clerk and asked the manager to call me. She didn't call. Then, I called Fairfield Inn - Macon West and left my name and number with the complaint on the manager's voice mail. Again I asked for the manager to contact me. Again, the manager of this Fairfield Inn never bothered to call - she ignored my voice mail. I am a Marriott Rewards Member and have never had such a poor experience with any of the Marriott owned hotels. I would suggest others not stay at this particular Fairfield Inn since you will most likely not receive good service, nor attention to detail like a simple wake up call. My day got off to a terrible start and it was nearly ruined because of this incident. It caused me great stress trying to make the meeting and not feeling my best. By the way, if anyone can tell me how to contact Marriott to lodge a formal complaint, please let me know. I only spent time writing this so others may not have to go through what I did. You would never think this would be such a big deal, but it really was!

16 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)