“Nice Hotel”

Ranked #48 of 68 Hotels in Macon
Memphis, Tennessee
“Nice Hotel”
Reviewed June 7, 2011

I stayed here many years ago and was glad to see it still open. The girl at the front desk was very sweet and my room was CLEAN! Thanks for a nice stay. I will definately be back again.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Florida
Reviewed June 6, 2010

It's a lackluster motel from the early 1980's. When we arrived the clerk at the front desk was ordering a take out dinner over the phone. He mustn't take time off to go eat he said. We had to wait for him to place the order because the connection was poor.

The small room had a slightly moIdy smell. Bathroom very small, no sink in there. The air conditioning was spastic, on off, on off. Coffee maker was dusty. Breakfast lackluster. The problem with this motel seems to be management. It rubs off on the employees. Or, could be that the management lives in a bubble and believe they provide good servie.

Pay less or pay more, but don't stay here.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
gmdaysinnmacon, General Manager at Motel 6 Macon North, responded to this review, August 19, 2010
Thank you for taking time to review my property. Our property was built in 1987 and is in very good condition at this moment . Our rooms are a standard size hotel room when the property was built in 1987 and still today a fairly large room versus new product being built in the Macon area.

I apologize for the employee ordering food while you waited. I have addressed this issue and this will not happen in the future. Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Although I'm not sure what room you were in, I have addressed your concerns with our housekeeping staff and we continually focus on the guest room and strive for zero defects every day.

We certainly hope you will give us another try in the future if you travel through our area.

Thanks
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed May 27, 2010

I stayed in this hotel because of the positive reviews, so I wanted to be sure that a more accurate picture is provided. I reserved a non-smoking room, yet the room smelled strongly of cigarette smoke. I left my suit hanging in my car to make sure it didn't smell of smoke in the morning. The toilet was filthy. It had #2 in it. This is when I almost left to another hotel. I had a late check-in, so I didn't want to be driving for a hotel late at night, so I stayed. The shower drain was slow, so the water rose as you showered. Overall, it was a nightmare. I wish I knew so that I would not have booked a stay.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
I sincerely apologize for your experience during your stay. I thank you for taking the time to submit a review. I have addressed your issues with our housekeeping staff and monitor room cleanliness every day.

We hope you will give us an opportunity when traveling through the area in the future.

Owatonna, MN
Reviewed April 20, 2010

All around a great stay at a great price. Room was clean seemed like everything was new. They are still renovating parts of it but overall it seems like a great hotel. I will stay again on the way back.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
Thank you very much for your kind words. We are still wrapping up renovations. We look forward to seeing you in the near future.

Cincinnati
Reviewed April 14, 2010

I recently visited this hotel due to client meeting in the town. The rooms were clean and Staff was very friendly. The front Lobby is very beautiful and Spacious.
I was intially little scared to stay in this hotel with our clients as they had really bad reviews. Later on I found out that this hotel was not a great place few years back than the new owner had remodelled it greatly. Now its seems Like staying in Hampton Inn or Holiday inn and Just pay Days Ins's Rate.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
Thank you very much for your positive comments about our property and staff. Our team tries very hard each day to make everyones stay an enjoyable one. We look forward to hosting you in the near future.

Thanks