“Easy, comfortable stay”

Ranked #13 of 68 Hotels in Macon
Central NY
“Easy, comfortable stay”
Reviewed October 7, 2013

I picked this hotel because of their pet-friendly policy, and I was not expecting anything really great because to be honest, a lot of hotels that allow pets are just not that nice. I was pleasantly surprised (as was my boyfriend, who is not really a pet person). This La Quinta was easy to get to (although there is some road construction going on that made things a bit confusing at the on/off-ramps to the interstate), and very clean and tidy. There was only one man working check-in on a busy weekend (Luke Bryan was performing in town) so that was a little slow, but I wasn't in a hurry so it was all good. The room was clean and smelled good. The breakfast was OK and the coffee was terrible so we went down the street to Dunkin' Donuts on our way out of town, no big deal. We would definitely stay here again, very comfortable and quiet and clean. The only thing I would suggest would be a spot labeled for dogs to do their business; I wasn't really sure which grassy areas in the back would be appropriate for my dogs to go.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

1 Thank PinkPajamas

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed September 30, 2013

We have over 300,000 rewards points with LaQuinta in the past year. This is our favoirte hotel chain and we stay with it almost exclusively. I was HUGELY DISAPPOINTED in the accomodations with this location. As Elite Rewards Members we are entitled to certain upgrades. We arrived at the hotel and saw huge banners "Newly Remodeled Rooms". They are very pretty BUT........ At this location they "upgraded" to a room with NO AIR CONDITIONING. Additionally, it was a mile across the hotel on each floor to get to. While there were ample equivalent rooms available to rent on their web site, I was told that to get a room with working air conditioning we would have to hike all of our belonging again, across the hotel twice, and then accept at downgrade in the room. In addition, the computer center had no ink in the printer at all. When I asked for replacement the desk clerk came and shook the cartridge and pretty much said tough luck. While the hotel appears safe enough, the slide lock on the interior of the room is attached to a plastic facing and in our room the facing had cracked from the lock. Our "newly remodeled" room had several broken features. The refrigerator is tiny. Overall, I have never had a truly good experience in any Macon, GA hotel but I really think this is inexcusable.

Room Tip: Although they claim this is a corporate location I suspect it is a foreign owned franchise. The hos...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank AngelaCatirina
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed September 28, 2013

We stayed at this hotel because we travel with our pet on this stay we went out to dinner when we came back the smoke alarm was going off because of back up battery we ask the front desk what could they do for us they said that mechanical problems were not there problem because they had no control of when it would happen. They did agree to change our room but that was all.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Andrea R
Gallatin, Tennessee
Reviewed September 28, 2013

We stayed one night with a discount reservation. We have had problems with older La Quinta Inns and were dubious. We found a freshly remodeled, tastefully decorated inn. The staff was very friendly and our discount room opened to a pool and garden walk. Hearing a dog once was worrisome but did not recur. Breakfast lacked meat and warm eggs, was OK for the price with nice waffles. The inn looked new, was quiet and welcoming. Over all a good deal and we would go back.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Pooler, Georgia, USA
Reviewed September 26, 2013

This hotel was recently renovated and is great for the price and one of the better I have stayed at recently. Do be warned that there is ongoing highway construction but that increases difficulty for all the chains. I always have and always will stay here when I am in Macon.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Reviewed September 24, 2013

Very clean, (looks almost new) hotel located just off of I 75. Hotel is pet friendly but you would not know it until you see other dogs. Very quit accommodations with extremely nice staff. Beds and pillows were out of this world comfortable.

• Stayed September 2013
Fort myer, FL
Reviewed September 13, 2013 via mobile

Friendly and helpful staff. Updated hotel and rooms. Perfect place to stop for the night. My only complaint would be to clean the room a little more thorough, behind the toilet and counter of sink was dirty.

• Stayed September 2013