“CLEAN Room, Lovely Decor, & Great Staff”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Macon
Ranked #15 of 67 Hotels in Macon
Florida
“CLEAN Room, Lovely Decor, & Great Staff”
Reviewed June 15, 2013

We stayed at this LaQuinta on 9 Jun 2013 and were pleasantly surprised by the warm welcome, clean and beautifully decorated room, and sufficient breakfast offerings (hard-boiled eggs, grits, oatmeal, waffles, cereal, fruit, coffee, tea, juice, etc.). Nice, newly decorated lobby, great pool, etc. There is some refurbishing going on but we were never aware of it. The staff was very helpful in getting us settled and suggesting a few places for dinner. It was a long day on the road and we were exhausted, so, we truly appreciated all the help. Unfortunately, when we returned to Florida we realized our sleep machine was left at the LaQuinta. I called on the 10th and spoke to Lisa who tracked down our machine and ever so efficiently assisted us in getting it back. She was incredibly pleasant and helpful. Thank you, Lisa! We will definitely stay at this LaQuinta again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank CherylDA

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
Upland, CA
Reviewed June 10, 2013

I would like to say all of the employees at this hotel are extremely polite and helpful. The suite with one queen and a sofa sleeper was roomy enough for three people. It was well appointed with three different areas with a mirror (which was perfect for three women getting ready at the same time in the morning!). The linens were crisp and clean. The room was on the floor that was recently remodeled, so it was very nice for a reasonable price. The breakfast was above satisfactory with very good coffee, juice, waffles, hardboiled eggs, various fresh fruits, cereal, oatmeal, juices and more.

We immediately discovered our room was next to a very loud guest with many friends having a party and the front desk immediately moved us to another suite. They did it quickly and with a smile.

I felt it was generally clean, but not sparkling clean. The linens and furniture were very clean. I felt the floors in the bathroom were not cleaned in the corners and behind the toilet as well as they should have been. The bathroom door did not have a lock- I find that to be an extreme oversight. The hotel hallways did not seem to have been vacuumed in a few days. The hotel was in the process of a remodel, so the hotel, overall, was nice in some areas and not so much in others.

If I were in the area again I would stay overnight for the price ( and the removation would be over).

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank mmm10
Georgia
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Walking into the reception area, I first noticed my shoes sticking to the concrete floor, where the tile or carpet had all been removed, but the glue residue remained. After a friendly check in, I was directed to an elevator at the far end of one of the hallways, so my second observation was the odd layout of the place. There are no elevators near the front desk; instead, the elevators are located at the far ends of the two wings of the building. On the third floor, at least, there are no directional signs coming off the elevator; the strange numbering sequence of the rooms makes such signs fairly important. Coming off the elevator looking for room 328, I noticed down one corridor room numbers 314, 315, 315, etc., so I followed the rising numbers until, at the end of the hallway, the highest room number was 324. Retracing my steps, I found the only other hallway had the numbers in descending order: 313, 312, 311, etc. Since that was the only alternative, I followed the numbers until they reached 300. The next room was 326! Then 327, 328, etc. "Is this some sort of architectural joke?" I wondered.

Entering the room, I found a roomy, clean, quiet place and began unpacking. I then noticed the door had not closed all the way--there was about a 6-inch gap, and I was told by another guest that his room door closer functioned exactly the same. Turning on the nice HD TV, I couldn't tell what programs were on, since the guide on the screen was somehow set to 12 hours earlier so when you flipped to a channel, the screen showed what played 12 hours ago. Good thing I'm not a TV addict. This is one strange place while renovations are underway.

The included continental breakfast was adequate, but available only on the sticky floor area, and there was not enough seating for the guests. The included wireless service was fine, and considering the reasonable price for the room, I would give it another try if I were assured the renovations had been completed.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Charlie S
Eufaula, Alabama
Reviewed May 31, 2013

I have stayed here several times & always enjoy my stay. Large spacious rooms, micro/fridge, clean rooms & pleasant staff. Bed are comfortable. DOGS WELCOME & NO PET FEE!!!! Always a plus b/c I travel a lot w/ my dogs.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Delray Beach, Florida
Reviewed May 29, 2013

Big, clean rooms. Beautiful hotel overall. There is some construction going on but that should be over soon.

The breakfast was varied with fruit , waffles, but the donuts and bagels were old! That was the one bad thing about our stay.

• Stayed May 2013
AR
Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

We enjoyed our stay at La Quinta. There is some construction around the exit and yes it sucks. But I didn't find it difficult to get to hotel, just follow the signs. There is an
Outback steakhouse and a Carrabas italian restaurant (we ate there) across the street.
The lobby was very nice, the room we stayed in was very nice. This hotel is under renovation and they're doing a great job. The elevator and pool are shut down for remodeling. The only issue we had was noise in the morning, we were awakened by loud guests and the sounds of workers doing remodeling. That aside, I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2013
Minnesota
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We often stay at LaQuintas, and this one with one exception, did not disappoint! The location right off of Hwy 75 was convenient, there were many restaurants very close by, and yet our room was quiet. The lobby is welcoming as well as the front desk staff at checkin were friendly and efficient.

Our room itself was freshly painted, had a very comfortable bed and was located poolside which we had requested. The one "oops" was that nobody had notified us that the pool and hot tub were under renovation. We would not have paid additional to be poolside had we known this "overlooked" fact! The wifi was free and fast, the breakfast was typical (waffles, hard boiled eggs, coffee, juice).

There was nobody at the front desk when we went to check out, so I left the keys and a note to email us an invoice which was done promptly shortly after we left.

For those who might wonder, there is an elevator to the upper floors, and the outdoor patio area looked very nice. It should be a great stay once the renovations are complete!

Room Tip: Check to see if pool renovations are completed before booking a poolside room1