“Very dog friendly”

Reviewed January 4, 2013

A TripAdvisor Member
Tampa, Florida, USA
Reviewed January 2, 2013

While travelling to Grandmother's house for Christmas, we needed to stop mid-way at a hotel that took dogs. I researched the Macon area and found that La Quinta didn't charge a fee for dogs to stay, so we decided to try it out and booked online. Because of dog allergies in the family (we have a doodle), we were very concerned there would be residual hair and dander in the room, especially since the hotel didn't charge a cleaning fee.

THE ROOM WAS IMMACULATE! I'm not kidding - not a spec of dirt anywhere. They must change not only the sheets, but also the blankets and bedspreads between stays, as well as vacuum the heck out of the room. The bathroom floor squeaked when we walked on it! :) With no allergic reactions, a tile foyer with plenty of room for food and dog stuff, and easy access to outside so we could walk Her Majesty, we were happily surprised with our two brief stays on our trip. We've stayed in higher-end hotels that were not nearly as easy in the dog management department...

Oh, yeah - people department. The beds were very, very comfortable and the staff was great. I needed a plastic spoon or fork to get dog food out of a can. Breakfast was long over, but a gentleman polishing the floor in the lobby took time out from his work to find one for me. With a smile!

Kudos! Well done! We'll be back... :)

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed December 29, 2012

I'm in the military and decided to visit my family for Christmas. Being in the military, I have traveled a lot and been to many hotels, some great, some bad, but this was just poor, The hotel and my room had a bad odor, smelled of 30-day old cigarettes, which non-smoking signs were posted all over the hallway, so I don't know why. The carpet (2nd floor) was ripping in the hallways and my boyfriend would trip over it. The complimentary breakfast was old and stale. The bed felt a little hard and uncomfortable.

The only good sides were free internet and pet friendly. Which, you get what you pay for. I will not be coming here again in the future. I would not recommend this hotel for anyone.

Room Tip: The entire hotel smelled of old smoke. I immediately noticed it when I walked into the lobby to chec...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ashley T
Reviewed December 26, 2012 via mobile

Checked into a non smoking room, and it must have had a cigar party for 12 in it before we got there. The staff did change our room but did not seem to care about the cleanliness of the room he gave is. Last time at a La Quinta!

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank Ghsail
Reviewed December 26, 2012

I stayed at this property Christmas Eve 2012. I arrived to check in at approximately 1:30 in the morning after driving from Cartersville. The desk clerk was very helpful and welcoming, and my key was waiting for me. However, when I got to my room, which had been booked through their website, it was obvious that either the room had been smoked in at some point recently, or it had once been a smoking room and not fumigated properly after the conversion. The room temperature was uncomfortably warm, and I was never able to get the a/c running well enough to cool it off. I was exhausted, and did not call the front desk to switch rooms. When I checked out the next morning, I led the desk clerk know what had happened. He attempted to give me a refund, but the computer would only let him drop the rate by $6.00. For the area, it was a decent hotel at a decent rate, and the room had not smelled like an ashtray, it would have been fine for what I needed.

Room Tip: Overlooking th courtyard was quiet when I was there. Room 219 smells like cigarettes.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Julie J
Reviewed December 25, 2012

Rooms are clean service and location are great. It is very pet friendly so there is occasional barking. We traveled with our dog so we didn't mind but if you prefer extreme quiet it may not be for you. No pet smells or mold though. Breakfast was really fun for the whole family.

Reviewed December 24, 2012

I also hardly write reviews but I always read a ton of them before making a decision, and all the rest of the reviews helped us find this nice pet friendly hotel! I booked this hotel from my phone as we were driving through Georgia to Fl., I made a mistake and from the email that they sent me I was able to fix it no problems! The room was VERY clean and the front desk staff was very friendly! There are lots of restaurants in walking distance and more just a short drive, I thought the area was just fine. This is the first time traveling with our pet and again I would book another night here next time in Macon!

Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family