“Bed Bugs!???”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Macon
Ranked #17 of 67 Hotels in Macon
Reviewed May 3, 2012

My husband and I also stayed at this hotel at the same time as the large group that was there during the weekend of April 27th - April 29th. We were not part of the large group and the La Quinta in Macon was a stop-over spot for us on April 27th on our way to our destination. The hotel was acceptable for the price. The lobby area appeared clean. The rooms are a bit dated and there is no way I would have sat in the bathtub to take a bath. No soap but we had a bottle of shampoo. The room was a non-smoking room that obviously used to be a smoking room. Whatever...still do-able considering what we paid and we were only there for one night. Within a day or so, I developed large red itchy welts! My husband has red spots but, thankfully, he is not having the same reaction that I am. I'm just praying that we didn't bring any of those buggers home with us!!! ((((shudder))))

8  Thank Shannylee62

A TripAdvisor Member
Boynton Beach, Florida, USA
Reviewed May 1, 2012

We usually stay at La Quinta because of their pet policy. This was the nicest La Quinta we have stayed at in quite a while. For the price it was extraordinary! The room was very spacious and had 2 very comfortable beds. I highly recommend this particular La Quinta. The lobby is like someone's living room and the breakfast room was like being in someone's kitchen. Very homey place.

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 29, 2012

The service was extremely bad. We were traveling with a large group of people. At check-in they were nice to us and made all our room keys but that was the end of great service. As we checked in one hotel customer had his room moved because it smelled like smoke. Once we got to our rooms the several spots in the hallways smelled of pot and smoke. The hotel did not seem to have any kind of security. They had our group split onto two floors which was not desirable but we could work with it. When I got in my room I had no shampoo bottles or soap. The coffee machine still had water in it. The carpet was dirty and so was the wood floor near the door. The next night our sheets were not changed and only 4 of our rooms got fresh towels. We did as asked and put the little card on our pillow that morning. That morning they treatened to kick us out because of all the problems we had caused the night before when it was one of our group members that had called and complained about noise. He was keep up till 2 because of the noise. It only got worse when we discovered a dead bed bug under the bed. Several members of our group complained that they had red bites on them. The rooms seemed dirty the whole trip. I will never be going back to this hotel. It seems they are extemely understaffed for large events. Being near the interstate they should have some type of security. One of the rooms kept having problems with room keys working. Luckly we had the ajoining room in our group so they would cut through it when the key decided not to work.

Room Tip: If you are allergic to smoke or dogs and cats dont say here.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
7  Thank GaTravelsalot99
Reviewed April 29, 2012

We stayed here one night while touring the antebellum homes in the area. I liked the way the room was set up. It was a nice size and clean. The staff at the front desk were very helpful. The breakfast was average. More cereal, yogurt, muffins etc. No eggs or biscuits and gravy. I would stay here again.

Reviewed April 29, 2012

We booked a large corner suite a couple of months before our trip to Florida. We got a very good rate (under) 100.00 dollars. I do not remember the exact amount as that was a while ago. The rooms were a bit older and worn but very clean. The staff was pleasant and hospitable. The courtyard pool was well maintained but pool is not heated which made it too cold to swim. Breakfast bar was adequate. Many people assume because a hotel has a breakfast it should be equal to what they get eating out. This is a 3 star hotel. Maybe 2.5. Regardless, if you expect awesome food from a free breakfast you will be disappointed. I have stayed at 4 star hotels with excellent rooms and still received mediocre breakfast. My family and I were satisfied with what we paid for. We understand if you look for faults, you will find many. We had fun!!!!!!

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for a free upgrade. We also used a Sams Club discount for a discounted rate. We found...
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed April 24, 2012 via mobile

Beautiful layout of lobby, pool, and king suite. However a bit dirty with dust, mold, and stains on furniture. A/C did not work in living room and made a terrible noise in bedroom. Thermostat on wall did not control anything. Annoying loud meeting of a group in the lobby. Needs new carpet, fresh coat of paint, and new A/C. Probably won't stay again unless nothing else available. Go south to Warner Robbins La Quinta instead.

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank WVGirl69
Reviewed April 14, 2012

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com