“Great location, nice rooms, friendly staff.”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Macon
Ranked #16 of 67 Hotels in Macon
Tallahassee, FL
“Great location, nice rooms, friendly staff.”
Reviewed September 15, 2011

I always choose La Quinta because I travel with my pets. I was surprised by how nice this location was considering it was so close to the highway exit. There are several good restaurants such as Outback Steakhouse and Carrabas within walking distance. Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: If you want direct access to the courtyard and pool, they have rooms on the first floor which have d...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank LSLe_gal

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
Louisville,KY
Reviewed August 4, 2011

Not bad at all, we used a room saver coupon and got a decent rate. The hotel was busy, a tennis tournament in town, but no complaints other than noisy guests at 6am.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Mommabear20
Savannah, Georgia
Reviewed April 18, 2011

Upon arrival on a recent Friday night, I was informed that they were booked solid and my double bed room had just been given away due to a busy conference in town. However, I'd been upgraded to a king suite instead (awesome!)...only problem was it was a smoking room (ugh!). Alex, the very nice check-in guy gave me a key and told me to check it out--that they would either give me a defogger to attempt to rid the room of smoke, or they would personally call around for another hotel in town. I was devastated. I'd heard this hotel was the best in town and I didn't want to move...but I also didn't want to stay in a smokey room.

Checked out the smoking king suite, and it was beautiful, but it smelled! Nope, couldn't do it. Went back to the desk and informed Alex that I was beyond disappointed and I guess I'd have to leave. He did a little checking and low and behold, a non-smoking king suite was available. Oh my goodness, awesome!

My non-smoking king suite was perfect, and I received it for the price of a double room, AAA rate!

The next morning, the power was out all over the area due to a bad storm during the night. I went downstairs to see if any breakfast would be available, and yes--there was cereal, fruit, bagels, yogurt--anything cold. Though I missed having waffles, I knew there was no way with no electricity. I enjoyed socializing with other guests in the dark lobby over breakfast--it was kinda like an adventure.

The staff was truly helpful, cool, calm, and collected even in the awful situation of so many questions about the power outage.

If I ever have a business trip in Macon again, I will certainly stay at this hotel!

Room Tip: If you're a nonsmoker, specify this. Use AAA.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank RebeccaRenee
St Louis
Reviewed March 26, 2011

We stayed here on a trip down to Savannah for one night. Never again! As we were taking our things up to our room there were three other couples walking down the hall past the elevator and each couple had a dog on a leash in the hallway. At breakfast the next morning a guy is heating a plate with and huge pile of something on it and I couldn't figure out what it could be. Then he opened the door of the microwave and pulls out this big pile of dog food and headed back to his room to feed his pet. Lost my appetite for breakfast and for ever staying in a La Quinta again. This was the fist and last time. I now will ask each hotel ahead of time if they allow pets to stay in the hotel.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank 0076
Waynesville, North Carolina
Reviewed December 24, 2010

Traveling home from Florida with our two "wonderful" dogs and this was our half-way point. Noticed several other travelers with pets........not the small ones either. Never heard barking or any disruptions. We will definitely use this as a stopping point to relax during trips.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ChristyK170
Atlanta, Ga
Reviewed December 20, 2010

I had never stayed at a La Quinita before and booked this room using airline points. I was very pleasantly surprised when I arrived. The hotel was modern, open, spacious, and check-in was a breeze. My room was average to above average in size with a large bathroom, free internet and a good channel selection on the TV. The beds were firm and comfortable, and I slept very well. I enjoyed the breakfast the next morning and used the workout room. The breakfast could have been a little more varied in choices, but it was fine. The workout room had a treadmill, excercise bikes and a universal machine. I was disappoint that there was no elliptical, but the treadmill was a good one.

My main complaints came in the fact that there were no bathcloths provided in the bathrooms. I also feel that the shower curtain could have been a little cleaner, but these were my only complaints, and I would most definitely stay here again.

This is a VERY pet-friendly hotel, and some of the unattended dogs were barking very loudly when I arrived. I am a dog lover, but I hate barking dogs in hotels. If this is an issue for you, be sure to request a room apart from any pet-owners. If you are a pet owner, stay here! You'll be welcomed!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled solo
Indianapolis
Reviewed December 9, 2010

This La Quinta is very nice. It was clean and the room and bath were large. The lobby and breakfast area were clean and attractive. Would definately stay here again.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family