“Average Stay for Overnight”

Comfort Inn & Suites Macon
Ranked #28 of 68 Hotels in Macon
“Average Stay for Overnight”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Great location off the interstate with several restaurants nearby. The hotel is only a few minutes from downtown and local attractions. The rooms and hotel itself were in good condition, but the furniture and general accommodations were outdated. The check-in process was a little slow and disorganized, as the clerk was having trouble figuring out if they actually had a room ready for me. The hotel is best suited for someone looking for an overnight stay while on a trip.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Comfortga493, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Macon, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking your time to let us know how we are performing, I personally had a conversation about your experience with my staff in order to better equip them to handle certain situations so they are not as disorganized. We hope to see you back and we will ensure that we will be 100% next time. Thank you

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Tavares, Florida, United States
Reviewed November 3, 2012

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for 1 night. It was a nice clean hotel. The beds are very firm so if you like firm this is good, we were not that happy with the firmness, woke up with aching backs. Other than that this was a very friendly hotel with a friendly price. I would surely return if in the area and needed a place to stay. Shiketa greeted us when we arrived and was Extremely friendly and helpful. Thank you Shiketa for making our stay pleasent.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Comfortga493, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Macon, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
On Behalf of the Owners and Staff at the Comfort Inn & Suites, I would like to thank your for taking your precious time to let us know about your stay and our performance during your stay. We strive to give all of our guest the best possible customer service and guest experience. Regarding the Bed, We currently replaced the beds and the newer beds take time to soften up, we do apologize for this. Again thank you.
Huntsville, Alabama
Reviewed October 11, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for 1 night on our way to visit Savannah. Everything was very clean. Bed was very comfortable. Bathroom was clean. Great place to stay, and the $68/night price was even better. I don't usually expect much from hotel rooms that are that cheap to stay in, but this place was great. Other reviews talk about a moldy smell in the hotel, but I never smelled any mold. And I am VERY sensitive to smells.
It was very convenient to the interstate. And it was very quiet.
The breakfast was ok. Cereal, milk, juices, coffee, scrambled eggs, bagels, fruit, yogurt, etc. Pretty typical for a free breakfast. But it was plenty for us.
The only bad thing I have to say is some of our towels smelled like gas. I'm assuming they have gas powered dryers, and some, not all, of our towels had that gas smell in them.
I will definitely be considering Comfort Inn's on any future travel plans. I was quite impressed.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Comfortga493, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Macon, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
Dear Guest,

First off, from the Comfort Inn & Suites Macon Georgia, We would like to thank you for taking your time and writing us this wonderful comment. We here at the Comfort Inn & Suites Strive to achieve excellence in Guest Satisfaction and Customer Service. Guest reviews as yours help keep us motivated. Thank you and see you on your way back.
Kalamazoo Michigan, USA
Reviewed October 7, 2012

We enjoyed our stay! The beds were comfortable and clean. We woke up to continue on our trip to Florida, and was welcomed by a great breakfast! I was surprised they provided scrambled eggs, biscuits & gravy, a waffle maker and much more! Our biggest delight was Shiketa at the front desk. She checked us out from our stay and was a real gem! Being from Kalamazoo Michigan, we appreciated her southern hospitality and her smile.

• Stayed October 2012
Comfortga493, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Macon, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
To our Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking your time and leaving us this wonderful review. We here at the Comfort Inn & Suites try to do our best in offering the best customer service and guest experience. Reviews such as yours, help us to stay motivated and do our best for our Guest.

Thank you for taking your precious time in writing us this review.

From the Management and Staff,

Thank you and Come Back Soon.
Reviewed October 4, 2012

A Great place to stop in Macon. The hotel was nice and the staff was very friendly. Fresh cookies for the kids. The best thing was that we could walk to the restaurants and gas station. Thw kids loves the indoor pool and breakfast

To Our Valued Guest,

We here at the Comfort Inn & Suites Strive hard to achieve the greatest level of customer service and guest satisfaction. We really do try hard and after reading great reviews as yours it ensures us that our efforts are seen and felt. Thank you so much for taking your precious time in writing us this review.

From Our Management and Staff,

THANK YOU!!! and Return Soon.
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Stayed here overnight on our way to Florida. We were planning to stay here again on the way home but we decided to cancel our reservation. Our room had a horrible musty smell and the halls had a very strong nauseating paint odor. The room was fairly clean although the air conditioning unit was filthy, disgusting. The rooms have just been remodeled but details are lacking. There was a flat screen tv but it was not hd. We stayed in a king suite and the pull out bed was sloped so bad that an adult couldnt use it. Our 3 year old slept fine though. The sheets for the pull out bed were stained and had paint on them. When i called to ask for a clean sheet, the lady said okay and then hung up, but they brought it right up. Breakfast at choice hotels is a joke. Thankfully we didn't pay much to stay.

• Stayed October 2012
Comfortga493, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Macon, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

We apologize for your recent stay with us, we here at the Comfort Inn & Suites apologize for your unfavorable stay with us. We strive to achieve excellent customer service and guest experience and feel as if we failed you as our guest. I have personally went and checked the room and have ordered the necessary replacement furniture. Again we sincerely apologize and hope that you will return as our guest as we will have these issues corrected.

Davin P.
Memphis, TN
Reviewed October 1, 2012

I highly disagree with previous reviewers on this hotel. How can you give 5 star reviews when the hotel has a HUGE mold and mildew issue. It is in their ventilation system and you can smell it in the rooms and all common areas. We stayed there coming and going driving to Florida for a cruise and the first time it was awful, but I thought maybe they had a leak so gave them the benefit of the doubt, but we stayed there Sunday, Sept 30th and it smelled horrible. My husband complained and the desk clerk didn't tell us why just changed the room and it smelled very heavily of pine sol so I kept the first room and used bathroom spray we carry with us. It was so damp in the room by morning I had a terrible sore throat. When we checked out this is the dumb response I got to asking what was their mold problem, "Oh, I haven't worked here for the last three days so I have no idea." When I told her we stayed a week ago she played dumb and tried to convince me it rained last night so that may be it. How many hotels have you stayed at where it smells mildewed when it rains? Please consider booking elsewhere. You may end up very sick. They are covering the problem up with dehumidifiers in the lobby and fans and heavy frangrance spray (I saw a maid put out a fan and spray the hall of our floor after she heard me tell my husband I smelled mold.) I plan to complain to corporate about this.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else!!!!!