“Great service from staff.”

Comfort Inn & Suites North
Ranked #31 of 67 Hotels in Macon
Reviewed October 7, 2012

We enjoyed our stay! The beds were comfortable and clean. We woke up to continue on our trip to Florida, and was welcomed by a great breakfast! I was surprised they provided scrambled eggs, biscuits & gravy, a waffle maker and much more! Our biggest delight was Shiketa at the front desk. She checked us out from our stay and was a real gem! Being from Kalamazoo Michigan, we appreciated her southern hospitality and her smile.

• Stayed: October 2012
Comfortga493, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites North, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2012

To our Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking your time and leaving us this wonderful review. We here at the Comfort Inn & Suites try to do our best in offering the best customer service and guest experience. Reviews such as yours, help us to stay motivated and do our best for our Guest.

Thank you for taking your precious time in writing us this review.

From the Management and Staff,

Thank you and Come Back Soon.

Reviewed October 4, 2012

A Great place to stop in Macon. The hotel was nice and the staff was very friendly. Fresh cookies for the kids. The best thing was that we could walk to the restaurants and gas station. Thw kids loves the indoor pool and breakfast

To Our Valued Guest,

We here at the Comfort Inn & Suites Strive hard to achieve the greatest level of customer service and guest satisfaction. We really do try hard and after reading great reviews as yours it ensures us that our efforts are seen and felt. Thank you so much for taking your precious time in writing us this review.

From Our Management and Staff,

THANK YOU!!! and Return Soon.

Reviewed October 2, 2012

Stayed here overnight on our way to Florida. We were planning to stay here again on the way home but we decided to cancel our reservation. Our room had a horrible musty smell and the halls had a very strong nauseating paint odor. The room was fairly clean although the air conditioning unit was filthy, disgusting. The rooms have just been remodeled but details are lacking. There was a flat screen tv but it was not hd. We stayed in a king suite and the pull out bed was sloped so bad that an adult couldnt use it. Our 3 year old slept fine though. The sheets for the pull out bed were stained and had paint on them. When i called to ask for a clean sheet, the lady said okay and then hung up, but they brought it right up. Breakfast at choice hotels is a joke. Thankfully we didn't pay much to stay.

• Stayed: October 2012
Comfortga493, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites North, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

We apologize for your recent stay with us, we here at the Comfort Inn & Suites apologize for your unfavorable stay with us. We strive to achieve excellent customer service and guest experience and feel as if we failed you as our guest. I have personally went and checked the room and have ordered the necessary replacement furniture. Again we sincerely apologize and hope that you will return as our guest as we will have these issues corrected.

Davin P.

Reviewed October 1, 2012

I highly disagree with previous reviewers on this hotel. How can you give 5 star reviews when the hotel has a HUGE mold and mildew issue. It is in their ventilation system and you can smell it in the rooms and all common areas. We stayed there coming and going driving to Florida for a cruise and the first time it was awful, but I thought maybe they had a leak so gave them the benefit of the doubt, but we stayed there Sunday, Sept 30th and it smelled horrible. My husband complained and the desk clerk didn't tell us why just changed the room and it smelled very heavily of pine sol so I kept the first room and used bathroom spray we carry with us. It was so damp in the room by morning I had a terrible sore throat. When we checked out this is the dumb response I got to asking what was their mold problem, "Oh, I haven't worked here for the last three days so I have no idea." When I told her we stayed a week ago she played dumb and tried to convince me it rained last night so that may be it. How many hotels have you stayed at where it smells mildewed when it rains? Please consider booking elsewhere. You may end up very sick. They are covering the problem up with dehumidifiers in the lobby and fans and heavy frangrance spray (I saw a maid put out a fan and spray the hall of our floor after she heard me tell my husband I smelled mold.) I plan to complain to corporate about this.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else!!!!!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank nonny2tnj

To our Valued Guest,

We do apologize about your recent stay with us. We understand that your stay was unfavorable. We strive to offer our guest the best possible stay. We are sorry your stay was unfavorable. I was notified of the situation and we checked out if there were any issues. We did not find any mold or mildew but thank you for taking your time and letting us know so that we could check out the issue.

Thank you.

Reviewed September 26, 2012

Great experience with Comfort Inn & Suites Macon. Front desk staff as well as room service was extremely polite and willing to go the extra mile. Nice large room with great amenities. Hot breakfast and plenty of variety to choose from. I would definitely choose to stay here again!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Comfortga493, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites North, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2012

To Our VALUED Guest,

We here at the Comfort Inn & Suites would like to thank you for taking your precious time to let us know how we are doing. It really means a lot to me and the staff when we know that all of our efforts are appreciated. We truly do strive to provide the best customer service possible.

Again Thank You,

From the Management and Staff @ Comfort Inn & Suites

Reviewed September 24, 2012

I will have to say, That was the nicest hotels i have ever been in. I checked in late at night and the front desk was so nice to help me get checked in fast and even ahd free bottles of water for me. The next morning i got up to find a great set up for breakfast..Hot eggs, great biscuits and gravy like mom use to make.. When they ran out of gravy i was alittle upset but they lady helping with the bar came out with more. Its so nice. Even the man cleaning the floor told me and my guest to have agreat day. When i came back in later to change for the night they had hot cookies and drinks waiting in the lobby. The lady at the front desk again said hello, asked how or stay was even again gave us a another free bottle of water. As i left for the night the front desk told us to be safe.
The rooms where updated and very nice to stay in. The room service folded our clothes and put them up in our bags for use. She was such a sweet lady. I felt like i was at home with the bed. It sleep great.
I would tell anyone going into town they should stay at the hotel. The owner was there when i checked out and i had to tell him nice it was to stay at such a great hotel. Davin you run a great hotel!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Comfortga493, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites North, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2012

From the Management & Staff @ the Comfort Inn & Suites, We would like to thank you in taking your time and writing us this wonderful comment. We strive to achieve excellent customer service and overall guest experience, and comments like yours only motivate us to continue our efforts to best serve our guest. It was our pleasure having you as our guest and we hope to see you soon.

Thanks,
Davin P.
Manager

Reviewed September 21, 2012

I was pleased with the first stay and came back later in the same week. The first night I was very impressed with Shelia (black woman on duty). She was very polite and helpful. The gentleman at the desk on my second stay, not so much. My rooms were comfortable, updated, and clean. Parking lot was safe and thats a concern for me when in Macon. The pool didn't look too inviting but I'm not sure it was open. It is an indoor pool but didn't look very clean. Breakfast was above average for this class.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Comfortga493, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites North, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking your time to let us know how we are doing. I am glad that our staff was able to provide great customer service for you during your stay with us. We here at the Comfort Inn & Suites strive to provide our guest with excellent customer service and overall guest experience. Again, thank you for comment.