“VERY PLEASANT STAY!!”

Ranked #47 of 67 Hotels in Macon
San Antonio, Texas
“VERY PLEASANT STAY!!”
Reviewed January 27, 2013

It was an amazing hotel with a great receptionist, both evening and night. The room was exceptional! It was the cleanest I've ever stayed in! It came with two beds, a microwave, a fridge, and a coffee pot. It also had a VCR which I thought was a bit funny, but it was a nice touch compared to the usual. The hotel itself was very nice. It was small, but in a homely, welcoming way. During breakfast, my mother, myself, and my boyfriend all had a great conversation with the receptionist. I think we talked over two hours, but it felt like we belonged there. I will definitely be back. :)

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
APatel2010, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Thank you for taking time to fill out such a fantastic review! I have shared your comments with my hotel staff and they join me in thanking you for you kind words. I am glad you were happy with your choice to stay with us. We are looking forward to providing you the same pleasant accommodations next time you are in town.

Thank You.
GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Ladson, South Carolina
Reviewed December 27, 2012

I had on withe socks to walk on the cold bathroom floor. Well to my suprise the floor and the carpet in the room was really dirty. My socks was really dirty after one evening of walking in the room.I'm beginning to think they don't clean the floors or the carpet.

Room Tip: Higher floor
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Jacqueline V
APatel2010, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, December 29, 2012
I would like to thank you for taking your time to inform me about the experience that you received at our hotel. I assure you that this is not the quality of service that we strive for our guest. I am extremely sorry with our room experience, I have addressed this issue directly with housekeeping staff and both of us would like to offer our apology. We are committed to make sure that this would not happen again.

Gold Coast
Reviewed December 25, 2012

Booked here months ago for a two night stay in two KB rooms. When we arrived we were upgraded to two KB suite rooms which was nice to have a little extra space to manage luggage repacking. Rooms were clean and comfortable. We had rooms on the ground floor of the front building and this was good for access to the car. However, my wife in our room like to have some natural light and this was not really possible as there were only the block-out curtains to use and if these were left open at night it was like sleeping in a goldfish bowl. Our daughter who had the room next to us experienced some undue noise from a domestic disturbance in the evening from the people who had moved into that room.
We asked for our room to be serviced after the first night and received new towels but no new soap, shampoo, conditioner or thermal cups for tea or coffee. I reported this matter to the front desk attendant on check out and he apologised and thanked me for letting them know. The ice machine nearest to our rooms was not functioning. This is the first breakfast room we recall being adorned with signs saying that breakfast items are only to be consumed in the breakfast room! The apple juice which my daughter took on the first day was virtually coloured water.
I had great trouble getting hot water out of the faucet in the vanity to the extent that I ended up filling the ice bucket with warm water at the bath and transferring it to the vanity for my shave.
The QI is close to a shopping centre with Krogers, Super K and various fast food outlets.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking time to fill out a review and letting us know the problems you had with the stay. I assure you we will work on these problems and fix it. I have shared your comments with my hotel staff and they join me in thanking you for your review. We are looking forward to providing you the with more pleasant accomodations next time when you are in town.

General Manager.
Waynesville, North Carolina
Reviewed December 17, 2012

WE have stayed at this Quality Inn & Suites on several occasions, usally a week at a time. On EVERY STAY the Staff has made our experience so pleasant and memorable that we wouldn't consider staying anywhere else. We go to Macon often, usually once a month or so because our daughter and her family live there. We live in the Smokie Mountains in NC. The rooms are always clean, the beds So very comfortable,and the staff so friendly an helpful it's amazing. During the summer when we stayed they even had a nightly BBQ and allowed us to bring our grandchildren. We ate outside with other quests,which allowed us to meet new people from other places. It felt like a neighborhood block party. It was great ! Because we stay so lon we have to use coupons because our only income is disability. This is a tremendous help and allows us more time with our family. This is so apreciated more hotels should consider this. Not everyone staying in a hotel is on vacation,sometimes it's emergencies such as a death in the family,and sometimes it,s just because families live in different states and need to stay in a hotel for lack of room with relatives. Whatever the situation I feel like this Quality Inn & Suites and it's staff and owners are the best we ever met in Macon,GA. Thank you for doing such a tremendous and wonderful job taking care of your quests,. You truly make us feel welcome,any time day or late night when we arrive.

Room Tip: Any room you choose will be fine. We are disabled so we always need a ground floor roomand they have...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
APatel2010, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
Thank you for taking time to fill out such a fantastic review! I have shared your comments with my hotel staff and they join me in thanking you for you kind words. I am glad you were happy with your choice to stay with us. We are looking forward to providing you the same pleasant accomodations next time you are in town.
Swansea, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 9, 2012

Good choice of rooms and place.The room and beds were clean comfortable.Had a good breakfast.The guy who dose night shift at front desk he was funny,very helpful and friendly.Will go there again.thanks

Room Tip: Rooms are good and clean. good choice.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Asheville, North Carolina
Reviewed November 9, 2012

Had one night here. The best part of our stay were the beds - they were comfortable and clean. The rest of the room showed lots of wear and tear. Couldn't connect to the wifi. The breakfast was awful: the eggs ran out and the front desk clerk who was doubling as the breakfast room attendant would not make any more. The coffee ran out, the OJ was watery, the baked muffins hard. Try somewhere else.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
APatel2010, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, November 17, 2012
I would like to thank you for taking your time to inform me about the experience that you received at our hotel. I assure you that this is not the quality of service that we strive for our guest. I am extremely sorry with our breakfast experience, I have addressed this issue directly with breakfast staff and both of us would like to offer our apology.

We are committed to make sure that this would not happen again.

Galena, Ohio
Reviewed October 31, 2012

The manager and people at the desk were very friendly and helpful. Called ahead for a ground floor room for 4 people and access to plug in a small freezer. Set me up with a nice room. It was very quiet area. The breakfast was great. Had a lot of choices. I made my self blueberry waffel that was fantastic. All of this for a great price. Would recommend them to anybody.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
APatel2010, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, November 4, 2012