“Great stop for a night (or two) !”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #46 of 67 Hotels in Macon
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Very good for a night (or two !)

Nice stop off point if you want to break up a journey. Clean rooms and friendly staff that were happy to enhance your visit. The room, though not fancy, were comfortable and clean. Nice little "sit out " area for warmer days or evenings. Everything you need is there and a plus is a good quality breakfast that included. sausage , pancakes and gravy (southern style)
What makes this GREAT for a stop over are all the restaurants and eating places in easy reach of the hotel. There is something to cater for every eating wish or whim !
One word of caution. If recommended, and how ever well it is recommended, DO NOT eat at Giuseppe's !!!~! It was without doubt the worst meal cooked by the worst chef and served by the worst servers in the world. The girls are fine but the guys look as if that just came back from a skate park and " what do you want ? " is not a good introduction to any restaurant.

Room Tip: Check my comments on Giuseppe's
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
APatel2010, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2012

Thank you for taking time to fill out such a fantastic review! I have shared your comments with my hotel staff and they join me in thanking you for you kind words. I am glad you were happy with your choice to stay with us. We are looking forward to providing you the same pleasant accomodations next time you are in town

Reviewed October 3, 2012

We stayed at the Quality Inn & Suites recently and I could not disagree more with the positive reviews. We got off of the road around 1a- exhausted from our travels. We picked up our room key and were sent to one of the back buildings. There were guests loitering around outside the front of their rooms (at 1a) which was odd. Worse, when we opened the door to enter the room, someone was already in the room asleep. Too weary to set out to find another hotel, we simply moved to a different room, only instead of having the non-smoking room with two beds that we needed for our family-, we instead were placed in a King smoking.

We typically stopover in Macon on our way to Florida- this was the first time at this motel- and I can say without hesitation that the nearby Marriot-chain hotels and La Quinta are far superior (cleaner, nicer, newer, etc) than this hotel. I travel often and always use tripadvisor as a reference, but am not one who posts. I feel so strongly that the reviews on tripadvisor are so misrepresentative of the true condition of the experience at this motel, that I had to share this post.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank rytravels_12

I would like to thank you for taking your time to inform me about the experience that you received at our hotel. I assure you that is not the quality of service that we strive for our guest. I have addressed this issue directly with house keeping staff and both of us would like to offer our apology.

We are committed to make sure that this would not happen again.

Reviewed September 21, 2012

I knew this was going to be a nice hotel when I drove up and noticed one of the managers cleaning the grounds, which by the way were spotless. The service was very good, the room was clean and the bed comfortable. I was here during an outage week at the paper mill and many contractors were staying here which usually means it was going to be loud. It wasn't. Excellent value and location. But please Quality Inn (not just this one but all), get rid of those dinky little pillows and provide one my big head will fit on! This was one of the best QIs I've stayed in. Safe parking and many options for dinner within walking distance.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
APatel2010, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded September 22, 2012

Thank you for taking your valuable time to fill out such a fantastic review! I have shared your comments with my hotel staff and they join me in thanking you for you kind words. I am glad you were happy with your choice to stay with us. We are looking forward to providing you the same pleasant accomodations next time you are in town. Once again thank you!!

Reviewed September 6, 2012

I really enjoyed my stay. I was here on July 16, 2012. Everything was great! The staff was very nice, and the room was excellent. This was my second stay, and I will always stay here whenever I'm in town. The beds are SOoooooo comfortable! And, the rooms are relatively spacious. Convenient to many restaurants and shopping. And easy access to the interstate.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
APatel2010, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2012

Reviewed September 4, 2012

Location was excellent, Desk staff really knocked themselves out to be friendly and supportive, knowing I was a native in town for my reunion. Really nice and generally knowledgeable. Even busy person putting out breakfast made a point of stopping to give me full attention as we talked. Pleasant atmosphere of room and room size was great. The tv was a big flat screen, Comfortable bed we slept very well. Quiet air conditioners, with option of fan on or fan automatic. The shower with multi choice headed was relaxing, Free breakfast was pretty decent with choice of hard boiled, small egg omelets waffles, and television was on low volume. Quiet environment with reasonable air quality. Carrel barrel a few steps away.
Definitely looking forward to stay with this hotel in future

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 3, 2012

I travel alot and use Choice Hotels most of the time. I am a choice hotels member and have to say that is Quality Inn & Suites is by far one of the top 5 that I have stayed in. The property is really kept up nicely as for the rooms as well too. Sunday morning I stopped by the hotel to let the folks know that I was coming back really late from the Nascar race in Atlanta and wanted to do the check in paperwork. The gentleman the desk even offered to give me the room key and this 10:30am in the morning. He knew it would be really late when I got back but wanted to make sure he could please me. As I was putting the things in the car this morning, another man asked me if I were checking out and asked if he could get the linens out. The place has a nice staff and I come through Macon, Ga about 6 times a year. This place is great value, excellent staff and clean rooms that are at a good price for a sleep-over. The only thing that I would recommend to the owners is to add a few more tables in your breakfast area. I will certainly be back to this property. Thanks for caring and making the stay and trip a pleasure. You certainly beat the competition right across the street as I have stayed at both Baymont and Days Inn and not really impressed by Quality Inn Riverside Drive in Macon. is a excellent place to say .. Thanks, Christopher - Okatie SC

Room Tip: Very Nice Property - Well Kept Up
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
APatel2010, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2012

Reviewed August 30, 2012

The location and the overall friendliness and cooperation of the staff were great. The breakfast room, its cleanliness and the food quality/quantity were outstanding.
All in all, a very pleasant stay. The room was very clean and comfortable specially beds and pillows, one slight criticism the shower and bath could do with updating,but on the whole excellent. Hotel is very assessable to all of the places I wanted to visit. I was able to walk everywhere.
All round a very enjoyable stay!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
APatel2010, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2012