“Cheap but needs a little work”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #21 of 67 Hotels in Macon
Wichita, Kansas
“Cheap but needs a little work”
Reviewed November 9, 2009

We stayed here for a single night in early November 2009. We were relocating cross country and needed a place to stay on the drive. We really wanted something fairly cheap but not overly so. We basically got what we paid for, but it wasn't all that bad.

Rooms seemed clean. Could use some updating. The carpet trim along the bottom of the wall was coming off. There were gaps/holes in the wall where they hadn't attached light fixtures to the wall properly, so that looks a bit sketchy.

But, we only paid $61 (after taxes) for a double non-smoking cheap place to stay and get some warm breakfast in the morning, so we weren't really expecting much. Beds weren't very comfortable either.

Would stay there again if I had to, but would prefer staying some place else.

• Stayed November 2009

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Tampa
Reviewed July 5, 2009

Took my dog out for last pottie break before bed taking my 2yo son with me. Got back to the room & card did not work. Had no choice but to go to the offce and ask for help. I walked into the lobby & mgr yelled at me in front of others "no dogs in the lobby". What was I to do with a 99% blind dog and a 2yo? He was only concerned with his "office policy" and not remotely concerned about the safety/security of his guest. Never offered assistance. The other clerk spoke up & took care of me yet didn't ask me to confirm any of my ID info in their system. He just gave me access to the room # that I gave him. How about that for security?

Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank BadQualityInnMaconGa
Florida, USA
Reviewed May 31, 2008

Fair hotel, but cheap. Nothing special. Has some minor tornado damage.

• Liked — Convenience to highway and price.
  • Disliked — lower end of the quality scale - no pun intended.
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 27, 2005

Don't let the name fool you, this place is awful! It's clearly old and in need of remodeling. Metal fixtures had quite a bit of tarnish. When I first entered my room, I was greeted by an offensive odor that reminded me of a combination of a gym locker room and old cigarette smoke (even though it was a non-smoking room.) There was ball of hair in the middle of the floor from a previous guest. There were crumbs on either side of the bed between the bed frame and nightstands. The bath faucet leaked a steady stream of water, and had done so for a long time, as evidenced by the rust stain. The sink counter had numerous stains, and the coffee maker was absolutely disgusting. The washcloths badly needed to be bleached, as they were closer to being tan than white. Worst of all there was no door sill, so there was a half inch gap underneath the door, and there was a constant draft in the room...surprisingly, I never ran into any bugs during my stay. Additionally, the door latch barely made contact...my grandmother could have easily kicked the door in. The rooms aren't very soundproof either, as I found out when an amorous couple checked in next door during the last night of my stay. The only positive things about this hotel are the friendly staff and free wireless internet. It was the worst hotel experience of my life.

• Stayed October 2005, traveled on business