“Nice people, clean room”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #19 of 68 Hotels in Macon
“Nice people, clean room”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

People were nice & the room was clean, what more do you need? Side note if you are not a smoker do not stay in a smoking room......I should have known better but it was final four weekend and all other rooms were taken...

• Stayed April 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Wamego, Kansas
Reviewed February 10, 2013

I stopped here after driving all day and unfortunately driving through Atlanta during rush hour traffic, so needless to say, my nerves were shot! I was greeted by such a friendly clerk that I was really glad that I had found this Quality Inn. I did have a problem with the shower in the morning; the water would suddenly turn cold & stay cold for several minutes. I told the manager (Ketan) about it when I checked out & he said he would look into the problem. About 20 minutes later, he called me & told me he had found the problem & would comp my room on my way back home.
On my return trip, they gave me a king bed room that was really nice. I didn't expect to have my room comped and was even more surprised to be given such a nice room! I would difinitely recommend this hotel to everyone and will be staying here again in the future.

Room Tip: Rooms in the back of the hotel are quiet and safe.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Mindy S
Forest
Reviewed February 3, 2013

After fourteen hours on the road we stopped at Macoon for three nights. Our first choice was Fairfield Inn by Marriot. We had a coupon for 69$ plus tax but at the front desk we where told they would not honour it because they where getting close to capacity and would probably sell out. We could however have a room for 119 $ plus tax. We decided to look elsewhere and signed into the Quality Inn. We had a coupon for 44$ plus tax. We where told at the desk that mon,Tues and wed they have a happy hour where you can have a couple of beers or soft drinks hamburger and hot dogs on the house.However when we got to our room someone had been smoking in it. I went to the front desk about the smoke and the girl was sorry about the room and said she could give us another room but being tired we stayed put.The was clean other than the smoke smell and the breakfast in the morning was great.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank bluejforest
Hoover, Alabama
Reviewed September 21, 2012

David was an excellent host. My bed was comfortable, the TV was better than most QIs and there was obviously an effort at cleaning my room. The bathtub was not spotless but everything else was. This is an older building and the furniture in my room was cheap and aged but the grounds are well cared for and the service was exceptional. A good value.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Jim21W
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reviewed July 29, 2012

Usually try to stay at nicer hotels, but this property is not bad for the price. If I were in Macon again I would stay here again. Very good service from everyone. From check-in to check-out. Good staff it seemed like.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Buchanan, Georgia
Reviewed June 6, 2012

My husband and I like Quality Inns, so randomly selected this location on our return trip from Florida. We checked in very late at night, but the desk clerk seemed very nice and got us checked in very quickly.

We were pleasantly surprised to find the room nicely decorated and larger than we're used to. We were especially surprised to find a very nice computer already in the room, so we didn't have to lug our laptop in to get online. Unfortunately, though, the Internet service was extremely slow, so we didn't get much use out of it. The room was clean, including the sheets and linens, which seemed to be newer. The bed and pillows were very comfortable and we were both able to get a good night sleep, which is not usually the case. We didn't get the opportunity to partake in the free breakfast, so we can't comment on it, but the lobby and breakfast area seemed very nice.

We have no complaints about the hotel and will probably stay there again next year on our way back home.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Shawn_and_Vicky
Minnesota
Reviewed March 17, 2012

We found a RoomSaver booklet at a McDonalds, and inside was a coupon for this hotel for a $50 rate for 1 or 2 people per room. They gave us a clean 2 bedroom non-smoking room with refrigerator, microwave, new flat screen TV, comfortable queen beds, table-desk, and chairs. Plenty of towels and immaculate like-new fixtures made the bathroom nice.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple