“Good overnight stay”

Ranked #32 of 67 Hotels in Macon
Saint Cloud
“Good overnight stay”
Reviewed July 12, 2012

Stayed in this hotel on our way to Fla from Mn. It was clean comfortable, and met our needs for an overnight. The breakfast was typical , for this chain but was sufficient. We would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Crystal River, Florida
Reviewed July 7, 2012

Last night for lodging before home. Close to an Olive Garden. Afterchecking knee went to dinner without checking the room. Air was not on when we returned but it cooled quickly.
My fault for that. Great value. Will stay at sleep inn. Again

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank JuliesManateeStore
key west, florida
Reviewed June 10, 2012

Really pleasant and accommodating staff. We stayed while traveling back from up north. We stopped at 1:00 AM and were beat from a long day of driving. The desk clerk was very pleasant, friendly and helpful. At some point before morning we discovered the toilet did not work. We just had to fall into bed and sleep. When we reported it in the morning the management was extremely apologetic and did all they could to make up for the inconvenience. We appreciated that.

The hotel is aging - surprising for a Sleep In, but I guess they HAVE been around for a while. Room and amenities were clean and breakfast well supplied and standard for the Hotel type. I would stop again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank dandeja
Hudson, Florida
Reviewed May 26, 2012

We stopped in early May just for an overnite rest stop. No reservation.

The rate was OK. The staff very friendly. The room adequate. BUT: No slippers so I wore socks on the floor (white) they turned black on the bottom. Carpets LOOK clean but are filthy. The 'pocket door' to the bathroom was very hard to open from the inside. The handle is way too small. The shower had black mold on the base and caulking was missing. However, the worst was the pool. It was murky, as if they don't know how to care for a pool, and had a layer of scum from the water line to the top of the tile!! You could scrape it off with your fingernail. This human skin oil, medicines, soap scum, suntan lotion, etc. Anything that isn't washed off BEFORE entering the pool. Average breakfast.

Did I reply to an online survey from their HQ? Yes. Did I get a reply? No.

My advice is to just bypass this motel.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kenny T
St. Augustine, Florida
Reviewed April 19, 2012

My mom and I stopped after driving all day and were happy to find a reasonably priced room that was not too far off the expressway. I was able to have a room reserved when I stopped at a rest area that had tourism services, so the room was waiting for me. The room was clean and comfortable and the breakfast offerings were better than most motels by including waffles, eggs, biscuits and gravy. I did not use the indoor pool, but it was getting used by kids traveling over Easter weekend. My biggest gripe was that after driving all day I really wanted to soak in the tub with bath salts, and upon seeing the room there was only a shower stall. Normally this would not be an issue for me, but like I said I had been driving all day in a small uncomfortable car and wanted to soak my bones.
There is a good BBQ restaurant in a strip mall adjacent to the motel, its worth a stop.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Powell, Ohio
Reviewed December 27, 2011

We stayed 12/22/11. This hotel is located on the Mason by-pass, and by looking at the various hotel quotes online, you could tell the hotel tax was lower on this property/area than in Macon proper.

Our room rate was $57, $64 out the door with tax, includes continental breakfast.

The lobby is new/modern, and there are stairs/elevator right next to check in desk. Only one elevator so it didn't matter where you parked. The indoor pool was nice. The vending area offered a lot of variety and wasn't typical jacked-up hotel prices. The room (we stayed in a two double) was roomy enough and had a refrigerator and microwave. This hotel is located within half a mile of major shopping (grocery/walmart??/lowes) and has several choices of fast food and sit down dinning.

The hotel room itself is about the only thing keeping it from a 5* review. There were koolaid stains on our carpet, and our luggage caddy was broken. The carpet was kind of dirty (beyond the koolaid) and in need of a real good steamclean. It wasn't gross/revolting, but it could be better.

Absolutely for the price and location this is a great choice.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Ken241
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed December 3, 2011

Stopped for the night on a trip from Tennessee to Florida. Selected this property based on the Trip Advisor reports. Those reports were accurate.

Checked in using a discount travel coupon from the Georgia Welcome Center. The clerk readily accepted it but told me the stay would not be credited to my Choice Rewards account because of the discount rate. I did not argue with him but will pursue that with Choice Rewards separately.

Lobby was okay. Nothing special. A nice sized dining area and a PC are available for guests. There is an indoor pool but we did not use it and did not see any other guests in it either. Hallway carpets looked soiled.

The room was large and clean. Again, nothing special. No problems. Wireless worked fine. The bed was comfortable. The shower was this interesting pod-shaped inset. The hot water was strong and hard. For the most part the room was quiet except for the ice machine in the next door vending area which made a fair amount of noise. In the morning I noticed that the ice machine in the lobby area was equally noisy.

Breakfast was the simple hot breakfast now offered by most hotels. Little egg patties, sausage patties, waffles and assorted pastries, breads and cereals. Worked fine for us.

Overall, a decent place for an overnight stay. Good value with the discount travel coupon.

Room Tip: Avoid any room close to the ice machines.