“Fooled by Professional Photos - New Mattresses Needed!”

Residence Inn Macon
Ranked #25 of 67 Hotels in Macon
Reviewed July 12, 2013

Stayed another 5 nights at this location. I think it will be the last if I'm ever in the area again. Need to give some others a chance in the area. Check-in was smooth. Breakfast was adequate, and evening socials are a bonus. However, when I can't sleep well at night because of hard mattresses, outdated not so fresh smelling rooms, well it deflates the experience somewhat. The second reason is because of the jacuzzi issue, closed yet again permanently. I understand that hotel chains are cutting costs in certain areas which may upset a few visitors. I have recently learned that some jacuzzis in certain Marriott hotel chains are now being closed due to a recent "Handicap Chair" law must be placed for jacuzzi access. More on that story on my blog. Some hotels have opted to keep one for the pool but not the jacuzzi. With that being said… Call ahead on every chain from now on forward to see if the jacuzzi is, in fact, still open and not just advertised on websites. Still giving it 3 because it is not the worst I have ever been in and the staff (minus housekeeping) really try hard to brighten your day! Video on my YouTube Channel.

RetiredArmyRANGER
Platinum Rewards Member

Room Tip: Tip be sure to get a room on the side of the building away from the interstate.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Dana C, General Manager at Residence Inn Macon, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2013

Thanks for staying at our hotel in July. I am so sorry that you weren't happy with your stay. We are working hard to improve all our customer's experiences and I hope you will give us another try the next time you are through Macon. Our Marriott website doesn't have photos of our jacuzzi on it, so I will definitely take a look at some of the third party sites to see if they still have our jacuzzi showing.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Someone extended their stay at the hotel and caused us to not get the room we had book (two room suite). The hotel manager gave us two rooms for a single room price. This room was clean and well maintained. Excellent service.

Room Tip: Hotel was busy, if you have a trailer or large vehicle parking will be difficult.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 8, 2013

My room smelled like a gym locker, when I complained I was given a can of febreeze. The internet constantly dropped offline, could not keep a good connection. That's the bad stuff, the good stuff is the rooms were clean, the water was hot, and the staff was friendly. Breakfast in the morning while not gourmet, was adequate. They have something to eat in the evenings also. Would I stay there again, if I had no better choices yes.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for staying at our hotel in July. I'm glad your room was clean but I am very sorry that it had an odor. We try hard to make sure that our rooms are fresh smelling and I'm very sorry that we failed. Please try us again the next time you are in Macon. I know you will have a better experience.

Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

We walked in tired and drained from an extremely long day driving in the rain. I smelled Thanksgiving Ham or so I thought. The chef made the best pulled pork sandwiches, salad, beans, and majic bars. We were able to have a lovely bite or meal should I say have a glass of wine or beer free, hot coffee and went to bed without heartburn, satisfied, full and didn't have to run around looking for a small bite. Showered and In bed early thanks to their hospitality. A smile from ear to ear....

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed June 27, 2013

We stayed here for one night while attending the state high school wrestling tournament. The hotel was clean. Standard amenities for a Residence Inn. Staff was friendly and helpful. Would stay again.

Beware of traffic congestion while they are working on the roads close to the hotel. It wasn't a major problem and this is not the fault of the hotel. Just take an extra 5-10 minutes.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Traveling solo from SWFL to WI, 530 miles today, first stop of the trip. Took a chance with Priceline and booked using their Express Deals and what a deal they found for me again. Asked for a three star room and they booked me in here at Residence Inn Marriott, Macon GA. Greeted at the desk by an energetic guy who was very helpful and got me checked in quickly so that I could take advantage of the last half hour of the evening social/happy hour. Dropped my stuff in a very clean and well kept room. On the way to the room noticed how clean the halls were and the elevator was being cleaned when I got into it. Everyone I ran into that worked here was very pleasant and said HI.

Off to the social hour and tonight was SW Salad Bar with Grilled Chicken. Your choice of beer, wine, or coffee, I chose the beer. Made a very nice salad, twice which was Lunch and Dinner on the road. Had a couple more beers after dinner. Looking forward to breakfast which they started to set up for.

There is also a very nice outdoor area with both a large gas grill and a 22" Weber Kettle grill, charcoal which can be used by guests. Also a nice sitting area outdoors with a gas fire pit. Checked out the pool and there was a family enjoying it. Looked at the fitness center, small but adequate for cardio.

No ice machine and no ice in the refrigerator but the guy at the front desk came thru again with ice for me.

Giving breakfast a very good based on watching the set up tonight. Can tell it will be better than what most places call breakfast.

I would stay again and would recommend to family, friends, and other travelers. Did check other places to see what kind of price they could get me in the same place once I knew where I was staying and no one came close to Priceline. That being said you have no idea where you are going until you book the deal with PL Express Deals. Four for Four have not been disappointed yet twice in Macon, GA.

Room Tip: I was offered any floor and choice of rooms front or back on the Memorial Day Holiday.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo

Thank you so much for your kind comments. We appreciate your business and hope that you will stay with us again.

Reviewed May 25, 2013

Very nice suite, comfortable bed, very courteous staff. I was only here one night so I don't know about sheet changing etc. The suite was very clean upon entering. I had a puppy with me that was crated at night and when not completely supervised. However, when I was charged $100.00 for a pet charge that wasn't disclosed beforehand, I was a bit annoyed. This hotel was supposed to be pet friendly and I didn't hide the fact that I had her with me. Nowhere on the website was there any info on the pet charge and $100. for one night seems a bit ridiculous. I will never stay here again with or without a pet and I travel extensively up and down the east coast of US. Breakfast was pretty average for the Marriott chain.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Dana C, General Manager at Residence Inn Macon, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2013

Thank you for staying with us in May. I'm sorry that the pet fee was a surprise. We do have it on our website but I will definitely take your advice and make sure our Front Desk makes our guests aware of it. We will keep looking for better ways to make our guests with pets happy.