Residence Inn Macon
La Quinta
$69
$76
BestWestern.com
All reviewstwo bedroom suitefront deskroom was cleanfull kitchenclean place to staysmall kitchenhome away from homeindoor pooltennis tournamentbeer and winesitting areaan older propertywaffle makerpull out coucha wonderful stayonly stayed one nightbagels
Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

We walked in tired and drained from an extremely long day driving in the rain. I smelled Thanksgiving Ham or so I thought. The chef made the best pulled pork sandwiches, salad, beans, and majic bars. We were able to have a lovely bite or meal should I say have a glass of wine or beer free, hot coffee and went to bed without heartburn, satisfied, full and didn't have to run around looking for a small bite. Showered and In bed early thanks to their hospitality. A smile from ear to ear....

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed June 27, 2013

We stayed here for one night while attending the state high school wrestling tournament. The hotel was clean. Standard amenities for a Residence Inn. Staff was friendly and helpful. Would stay again.

Beware of traffic congestion while they are working on the roads close to the hotel. It wasn't a major problem and this is not the fault of the hotel. Just take an extra 5-10 minutes.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Traveling solo from SWFL to WI, 530 miles today, first stop of the trip. Took a chance with Priceline and booked using their Express Deals and what a deal they found for me again. Asked for a three star room and they booked me in here at Residence Inn Marriott, Macon GA. Greeted at the desk by an energetic guy who was very helpful and got me checked in quickly so that I could take advantage of the last half hour of the evening social/happy hour. Dropped my stuff in a very clean and well kept room. On the way to the room noticed how clean the halls were and the elevator was being cleaned when I got into it. Everyone I ran into that worked here was very pleasant and said HI.

Off to the social hour and tonight was SW Salad Bar with Grilled Chicken. Your choice of beer, wine, or coffee, I chose the beer. Made a very nice salad, twice which was Lunch and Dinner on the road. Had a couple more beers after dinner. Looking forward to breakfast which they started to set up for.

There is also a very nice outdoor area with both a large gas grill and a 22" Weber Kettle grill, charcoal which can be used by guests. Also a nice sitting area outdoors with a gas fire pit. Checked out the pool and there was a family enjoying it. Looked at the fitness center, small but adequate for cardio.

No ice machine and no ice in the refrigerator but the guy at the front desk came thru again with ice for me.

Giving breakfast a very good based on watching the set up tonight. Can tell it will be better than what most places call breakfast.

I would stay again and would recommend to family, friends, and other travelers. Did check other places to see what kind of price they could get me in the same place once I knew where I was staying and no one came close to Priceline. That being said you have no idea where you are going until you book the deal with PL Express Deals. Four for Four have not been disappointed yet twice in Macon, GA.

Room Tip: I was offered any floor and choice of rooms front or back on the Memorial Day Holiday.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Dana C, General Manager at Residence Inn Macon, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2013

Thank you so much for your kind comments. We appreciate your business and hope that you will stay with us again.

Reviewed May 25, 2013

Very nice suite, comfortable bed, very courteous staff. I was only here one night so I don't know about sheet changing etc. The suite was very clean upon entering. I had a puppy with me that was crated at night and when not completely supervised. However, when I was charged $100.00 for a pet charge that wasn't disclosed beforehand, I was a bit annoyed. This hotel was supposed to be pet friendly and I didn't hide the fact that I had her with me. Nowhere on the website was there any info on the pet charge and $100. for one night seems a bit ridiculous. I will never stay here again with or without a pet and I travel extensively up and down the east coast of US. Breakfast was pretty average for the Marriott chain.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Dana C, General Manager at Residence Inn Macon, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2013

Thank you for staying with us in May. I'm sorry that the pet fee was a surprise. We do have it on our website but I will definitely take your advice and make sure our Front Desk makes our guests aware of it. We will keep looking for better ways to make our guests with pets happy.

Reviewed April 10, 2013

We recently stayed at this Residence Inn for 2 nights, one going to Florida, and one a week later coming back home. The reason we picked this hotel is because with 2 adults and 4 kids it was one of the few affordable hotels that allowed us to get a suite with separate bedrooms, essential for our 1 year old who needs total darkness and quiet to sleep. This way we could put her to bed early in one bedroom while the rest of the family could stay up and watch TV in the living room and other bedroom.

We reserved a 2- bedroom suite and it was certainly spacious enough for our family. The extended-stay traveler will like that this hotel comes with full kitchens and there was even a fireplace in our living room although I don't know who would supply the wood.

Another perk to this hotel is the free breakfast. Compared to the other Residence Inn I have visited there was a VERY small lobby and eating area. But like I said it sufficed. The ladies in charge of the breakfast did a great job of keeping the area tidied and the food replenished.

On the whole I would say this is an older hotel. We had some minor issues like a nasty stain on the couch cushion, no bedding for the sofa bed (but was brought when we called housekeeping) and the fan in one of the bathrooms made a high pitched whining sound whenever it was turned on. The bedding was also super thin and in hindsight I should have requested more blankets from housekeeping.

Still, if you are looking for a clean place to stay this hotel will do nicely. Not the nicest overnight hotel, but one that will suffice.

Room Tip: Request a room that does not face the interstate if you don't like traffic noise while you are sleeping.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family