“Very poor for a Residence Inn”

Residence Inn Macon
Ranked #23 of 68 Hotels in Macon
Athens, Alabama
“Very poor for a Residence Inn”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2012

I've stayed in several of the Residence Inn's around the country and this is the worst I've been in. The room was appointed with cheap fixtures and a a slight but noticable odor. The mattress was sub-par. The breakfast was below Residence Inn standards also and numerous items were depleted. Although this is typically a good chain, I can't recommend this one for the money charged.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Gary G
Dana C, Manager at Residence Inn Macon, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
Thank you for staying with us in November. I'm very sorry that you didn't have a good experience. We are always working hard to improve and use your comments for training and improvement. I think if you stay again, you will find your experience more pleasurable.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2012

Well I was only at this location for one day, but could easily see using it as an extended stay.

Employees seemed to genuinely care. Amenties big and small had attention to detail.

I stayed in a 2 bedroom suite with a friend and the beds and pillows were better than mine at home. Bathrooms and kitchens were clean. No bugs dead or alive. Each bedroom had it's own full bathroom. Common area was decent sized and comfortable to just hanging out.

Outside was clean and safe. Equipment room was clean and didn't smell like a locker room. Breakfast was really good. Hot breakfast, not continental.

Location was where most of the hotels are on the east side of Macon. Really not too far from anything.

I can't stress how good the employees were.

After seeing Melchiori on Hotel Impossible, I tend to look at hotels' attention to detail to distinguish a good hotel from a great one. I could not find any downside to this hotel.

Room Tip: Did not see regular hotel rooms. Only the 2 bedroom suite. Found agreat price through the Marriott...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Kirka2012
Thank you for staying with us in October. I was delighted that you had a good stay. Please come back again!
Clearwater, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2012

Residence Inn Macon - 3900 Sheraton Drive, Macon, GA 31210
My wife and I spent one night, Sunday, July 29, 2012 at this Residence Inn. We were greeted by a very helpful and jolly receptionist and were given an upgrade to a two bedroom suite. The suite including the two bathrooms were very clean. The bed was very comfortable as well as the couch and chair. The full size refrigerator was helpful. The hot breakfast was very good and the breakfast room was clean and well attended to.

We did not use the swimming pool or gym. My suggestions would be to better insulate the A/C closet in one of the bedrooms to reduce the noise level and to add an a ice machine to be made available in a hallway without going to the office for ice. Definitely recommend this Residence Inn in Macon GA.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Dana C, General Manager at Residence Inn Macon, responded to this review, July 31, 2012
Thank you for staying with us. We appreciate the kind comments and the constructive criticism. Please stay with us next time you are traveling through Macon.
Marion, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2012

This hotel was very clean, beautifully decorated, quiet and very friendly service. Breakfast was setup nicely and lots of seating. Employees were friendly and very helpful. Nice pool. Located right off 75, easy to get to plus restaurants close by for dinner. We were able to eat breakfast at hotel, go across the street to get gas and get right back on to 75. Will stay again next year on way to Florida.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
I'm delighted you had a good stay at our Hotel. Thanks so much for the feedback. We look forward to hosting you again.
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2012

I'm so sorry to report that this hotel has seen better days. The infrastructure is in pretty bad shape, although the ghost of the standard Renaissance property is familiar to frequent guests. The décor, colors, etc are the same, but the paper thin walls, old appliances (our dishwasher was no longer connected to the wall), funky smelling halls and over chlorinated pool with empty hot tub belie the property’s true condition.

I can not ignore the genuine niceness of the staff, and their very best efforts slightly prop up what is a pretty tired property.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank skydriver
Thank you for staying with us in June. I am sorry that you did not have a good stay. We will certainly use your feedback for improvement opportunities. Please try us again next time you are in Macon.
San Antonio, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2012

No, I didn't use the pool. :) Stayed 4 nights here. First and foremost, listen up managers, Staff Can and does make a difference! Everything is as expected from the chain… Good Breakfast, Staff and Housekeeping. Has a pool, jacuzzi and small workout area. In the center of the Inn is a nice patio set and a BBQ Grill. This was a plus and the Staff let a co-worker and I go use the grill almost every night we were there. If we asked for plates, mustard (for the brats) tongs and a few other grill necessities. They were more than happy to provide. Also, it is very pleasant to here greetings of the day. Again, I echo the "Down South" personality. FYI In April I was only home for 5 days… This hotel made my Month of May start off with a smile. Not everything was a plus however. I slept on the side towards the interstate and I didn't sleep well. the other choice is the other side with the train noise. So other than not great sleep I would recommend.

Pros

- Great Breakfast

- Great Staff

- Grill, Exercise Room Pool and jacuzzi
- Location (From grocery store to gas about 5 minutes away)

Cons

- Internet faded in and out (could have bee my room location)

- Close to the interstate

Marriott Gold Rewards Member

RetiredArmyRANGER

Room Tip: As always... Stay on the top floor and take the stairs.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank RetiredArmyRANGER
Thank you for staying with us in May and for your kind comments. We appreciate your feedback and hope you will stay with us next time you are in Macon.
Union, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2012

Loved this place. Perfect rooms and great location but beware getting into the indoor pool. They put too much chlorine in it and my hair turned green.

Room Tip: Stay out of the pool!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Dana C, Manager at Residence Inn Macon, responded to this review, May 3, 2012
Thank you for staying with us and giving us your feedback on our hotel. I'm glad your stay overall was good. I am so sorry about your experience with our pool! We had checked the chemicals right before you got in the pool. As a result of your experience, we have purchased new testing supplies and replaced all the water in the pool. Please stay with us again next time you are in the area.