“Great Location / Great Staff”

Residence Inn Macon
Ranked #23 of 67 Hotels in Macon
Springfield, Ohio
“Great Location / Great Staff”
Reviewed October 11, 2011

The staff at the Residence Inn are very nice and helpful. The hotel offers a great hot breakfast each morning. The hotel also offers hotel "get togethers" offering different food choices in the evenings (normally Monday through Thursday evenings, ie taco night, BBQ night, etc.) The hotel is located in a great area full of shopping, resturants and fast food establishments. There is a Starbucks right down the street! Our family stays at the hotel every year around the first of October and we haven't been disappointed yet. The rooms are spacious and offer every convenience of home. My only problem with this hotel is that it seems they can never generate a correct bill for my room. There is always some kind of mistake or total confusion. However, the staff works hard to get things corrected. I would certainly recommend this hotel to others!

Room Tip: Higher floors have less noise.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Reviewed September 17, 2011

Sheila on front desk welcomed us by name when we walked in! I had made reservations while husband navigated thru Atlanta traffic...still unexpected touch. Room was great, even wine opener in well stocked kitchen. Stayed on a Friday, so no light supper (served week days). Breakfast hot that friendly, nice lady served..real plates,silverware. Room was quiet,clean and bed & pillows..ah,so comfy! Definite come back to place on our I-75 jaunts.

• Stayed September 2011
1 Thank UPprincess
United States
Reviewed August 9, 2011

I stayed here on and off from January to May 2011, up to 3 weeks at a time. I enjoyed my stay. The staff was friendly and helpful. I would recommend staying here.

The work out room has 2 treadmills and 1 elliptical. All have personal TVs, just bring a headset. The room also has a larger flatscreen TV on the wall. There are dumb bells but no bench. There is a water cooler. They supply towels but were often out when I worked out, so I got one at the front desk. They also have a small indoor pool and hot tub. I did not use either. You also have access to a Kinetix health club a few miles north. I went there several times. It is a nice gym with new equipment.

The included breakfasts were good. They have a waffle maker, 3 hot items (usually eggs and a protein, plus another one more) and premade oatmeal with brown sugar and walnuts. There were always apples and bananas and yogurt and a selection of teas, breads and pastries. There were at least 4 toppings for the waffles (blueberry, strawberry, syrup, whip cream, chocolate chips).

Mon-Thur they would have complimentary wine and beer after work. Two nights would include a dinner and the other two nights would be snacks. These were decent as long as you were not too picky.

My room (a queen studio) was furnished like several other Residence Inns that I've stayed at which I considered good. There was one flat screen TV which swiveled so you could watch while on the couch or in bed. The rooms facing the highway (which is very close to the hotel), may be noisy. My first room was facing the highway. I switched rooms before even unpacking because of the noise.

There is one computer hooked up to a printer. This was located in the breakfast/lounge area. Be careful as this is not the type of PC that erases your files when you are done (logging in is not required). When you download a file it remains in memory and can be accessed by anyone else. Make sure that you erase anything you consider private.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank 1revuer
Fishers, Indiana
Reviewed June 20, 2011

We stopped here on our way to Florida from Indiana. We arrived around 10pm. Checking in was smooth with no issues. We stayed in a studio it was big with plenty of room. Room was clean and appeared to be recently renovated. The bed was comfy, they delivered a pack and play for my youngest and there was no issue. Overall, I would totally stay here again and it served its purpose. I do however have 2 things they could improve on.

1. The hotel does not have ANY ice machine's. I found this not only to be odd, but flat out inconvenient. WE needed to refill our coolers with ice and there were no machines...I am still baffled by this. I was allowed to go into the employee kitchen area and get ice for me cooler, but I really felt like That was weird too. All Well I did get ice!

2. Breakfast was subpar. I have stayed in a lot of residence inns and I know they have a great breakfast in the morning. It honestly is one of the reasons we stay. They did not have a good breakfast. Eggs were runny and gross. It was served on paper plates and plastic silverware. Just had a feeling they were cutting corners with costs. The staff running the breakfast were fantastic though. Everyone at this hotel was well trained and definitely up to the Marriott standard!

Improve the breakfast and let me eat on an actually plate and you get 5 stars!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank purduepete2
Reviewed May 26, 2011

If you are the grandwizard of the klan this is the place for you. When i spoke to them on the phone everything was fine but clearly when we came to check in and they saw our brown faces it was a different story. They were rude and when i went to use my card the manager asked me if my card was a prepaid card. Are they serious i have never been insulted like that before in my life. I would sleep in my car before i would pay my hard earned money there.

• Stayed May 2011
4 Thank Cek7
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed February 8, 2011

The lack of a covered area in front to park during registration was a minor disappointment on a rainy night but nothing compared to the musty, moldy smell that hit you once you entered the lobby. The staff were putting down towels along the baseboards of the men's room which might have indicated an acute problem, but the moldy smell suggests that they've had a long-term problem with moisture. Probably not a good place for someone with allergies or respiratory problems to stay.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled solo
Missouri
Reviewed June 16, 2010

The two bedroom suite was awesome. We had a full kitchen, living room, two bedrooms and two bathrooms. It was pretty comfortable. There was plenty of room for the family.

Breakfast was very good. There was a large variety of hot and cold foods. There was plenty of seating. Flat panel TVs in the breakfast area.

I was disappointed in the pool area. First we had to wait in line at the front desk for towels. The pool was very cold and the spa barely warm with hardly no pressure from the jets.

It was raining so we did not get to use the outdoor amenities. There was a nice courtyard with seating and a firepit. There were also tennis courts.

The location was on an outer road near the highway but it was not congested or noisy. There were many stores and eating places just down the road.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family