“Another Home Run Stay”

Ranked #24 of 68 Hotels in Macon
Lexington, Kentucky
“Another Home Run Stay”
Reviewed September 25, 2012

I was thoroughly exausted and in a complete spasm at midnight driving to south Florida when I stopped at the Courtyard by Marriott here. It was perfect. Fair Price. Great bed , quiet AC and the best hot tub ever.

Totally refreshed I finished my drive yesterday. This is the second stay I've had a Couryard since the renovations and I'm afraid the Hilton Garden Inns are now a distant second choice.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank GregFox1961

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Reviewed August 30, 2012

I stay at a lot of Courtyards on business travel. The air conditioning throughout the facility seemed to do a poor job of removing humidity; it was cool enough, but kind of clammy. My king room did not have a fridge or microwave, which I normally expect at a Courtyard. If that's important to you, ask it about when making a reservation (I believe some rooms do have them.) The iron had some "stuff" stuck to it. I took it to the front desk to get a replacement and was given an iron that didn't work at all. Third iron was okay. Will probably go back to the SpringHill next trip.

Room Tip: Some rooms face the central courtyard where the pool is located and have patio doors.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Knoxville
Reviewed July 12, 2012

While traveling to Florida, my husband and I spent one night at Courtyard Macon. The staff were very friendly and the room was clean and comfortable. It was only minutes off of 75, but our room was very quiet. Because we were headed south, it was also nice to be out of the Atlanta rush hour in the morning. My only complaint would be that breakfast took a while. It was not included in our rate, which was what we expected, but we probably waited 15-20 minutes for our breakfast sandwiches to be prepared. (They did come out to apologize for the wait and we did have our own TV to control in our booth, which helped.) Overall a good experience and I would recommend Courtyard Macon to travelers.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Maggie G
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed July 4, 2012

We stayed here in early July and the Place was very nice and a very nice staff.
Highly recommend it!

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the front to avoid any noise from trains
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 23, 2012

Our family stayed there last evening on our way to Florida. From start to finish, the staff was always smiling and friendly. The room was fairly spacious and definitely clean. Our girls were pleased with the made-to-order breakfast. Down side was that it must be close to train tracks, because I kept hearing a train come through multiple times last night. That certainly isn't anybody's fault though. Overall, a good experience and we would go again.

Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Cincinnati, OH
Reviewed June 12, 2012

I stayed in June for work. The hotel is right off the Interstate and was convenient to where I was going. I only stayed one night here. On the road, I think there are 3 other Mariott properties.
The pros:
Friendly staff. Everyone at the front desk was friendly.
Breakfast was fine, and the woman working the bistro was super nice. I ate Very early (as soon as it opened) so it wasn't busy when I was there.
My room was quiet.
The cons:
The towels seem very thin.
There is a coffee maker in the room, but there isn't any tea. Only coffee.
Currently there is construction on the exit-which makes it a little difficult depending on the time of day.
I would stay here again if in the area. There are also several restaurants on the same exit.

Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed May 23, 2012

OK - the price was hard to beat. $89 for a room at the Courtyard. But sometimes price is not everything. I have to say I was very disappointed in almost everything I ran into at this hotel with the exception of the lobby bistro. The lobby area had been recently renovated and was bright and cheerful. The food selections were the same as in most of the Courtyard properties. They could have used another person to help in the bistro in the mornings as it got quite crowded and slowed orders down. BUT - here the good things ended. My room overlooked the parking lot which seemed rather noisy in the evening (after 10 pm) including car music booming seemingly forever. I could not understand why a staff member didn't go out to stop the racket. My colleagues complained about a train waking them up every morning at 4 am which seemed to be right in their rooms. Probably not much the hotel can do about the train noise. There was the usual small bottle of shampoo and conditioner and 2 small bars of soap. But these were not replenished the second day. There was no complimentary moisturizing lotion. The bath towels were quite thin and cheap. The bottom of the bathtub had nonslip appliques which had become quite dirty over time and looked awful. The coffee maker in my room had a layer of dust on it. Considering that it was located in the bathroom sink area made me wonder about how they had cleaned that. The ironing board had a broken lever so it would not close up.
There is free Internet which was positive and it was quite fast.
I tried the tiny fitness room which had 3 treadmills and 2 ellipticals. One of the treadmill's TVs didn't work. One of the ellipticals didn't work and the other one barely worked. There were free weights and one weight bench.
One of our colleagues requested a wake-up call which never came. Fortunately she had woken up early on her own.
If you have to stay at a Marriott property for points or whatever, note that there are 4 other Marriott properties on this same road within walking distance of each other. Try them. You might pay more but might be worth it.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms overlooking the parking lot.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business