“Just off interstate”
Review of Courtyard Macon

Courtyard Macon
Ranked #26 of 67 Hotels in Macon
Reviewed June 12, 2012

I stayed in June for work. The hotel is right off the Interstate and was convenient to where I was going. I only stayed one night here. On the road, I think there are 3 other Mariott properties.
The pros:
Friendly staff. Everyone at the front desk was friendly.
Breakfast was fine, and the woman working the bistro was super nice. I ate Very early (as soon as it opened) so it wasn't busy when I was there.
My room was quiet.
The cons:
The towels seem very thin.
There is a coffee maker in the room, but there isn't any tea. Only coffee.
Currently there is construction on the exit-which makes it a little difficult depending on the time of day.
I would stay here again if in the area. There are also several restaurants on the same exit.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed May 23, 2012

OK - the price was hard to beat. $89 for a room at the Courtyard. But sometimes price is not everything. I have to say I was very disappointed in almost everything I ran into at this hotel with the exception of the lobby bistro. The lobby area had been recently renovated and was bright and cheerful. The food selections were the same as in most of the Courtyard properties. They could have used another person to help in the bistro in the mornings as it got quite crowded and slowed orders down. BUT - here the good things ended. My room overlooked the parking lot which seemed rather noisy in the evening (after 10 pm) including car music booming seemingly forever. I could not understand why a staff member didn't go out to stop the racket. My colleagues complained about a train waking them up every morning at 4 am which seemed to be right in their rooms. Probably not much the hotel can do about the train noise. There was the usual small bottle of shampoo and conditioner and 2 small bars of soap. But these were not replenished the second day. There was no complimentary moisturizing lotion. The bath towels were quite thin and cheap. The bottom of the bathtub had nonslip appliques which had become quite dirty over time and looked awful. The coffee maker in my room had a layer of dust on it. Considering that it was located in the bathroom sink area made me wonder about how they had cleaned that. The ironing board had a broken lever so it would not close up.
There is free Internet which was positive and it was quite fast.
I tried the tiny fitness room which had 3 treadmills and 2 ellipticals. One of the treadmill's TVs didn't work. One of the ellipticals didn't work and the other one barely worked. There were free weights and one weight bench.
One of our colleagues requested a wake-up call which never came. Fortunately she had woken up early on her own.
If you have to stay at a Marriott property for points or whatever, note that there are 4 other Marriott properties on this same road within walking distance of each other. Try them. You might pay more but might be worth it.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms overlooking the parking lot.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Augcruiser
Reviewed April 14, 2012

Clean, good beds, and quiet. It's just about what I would expect from this lMarriott line of hotels. Friendly service to boot. Thanks!

• Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed March 13, 2012

I've slept in worse. Looks like it's had a quickie makeover, not the down and dirty one it needed. The bistro cooked to order breakfast was perfect, better than most. Beer and wine along with a hot bite available in the evening.
Finding the free coffee, not so easy, but it's there. You don't have to pay Starbucks prices if you don't want to!
This place is on a hotel road that I wouldn't walk along, but several large restaurants just a short drive away, across a main road. Just remember there are even more hotels near them. Reservations might be a good idea.

Room Tip: The back of the hotel is much quieter than the front!
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LTFrench
Scott F, General Manager at Courtyard Macon, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I appreciate you mentioning our renovation.

We completed our renovation in September which included the addition of the Bistro and a complete rooms renovation. Just about the only thing that remained in the rooms were the bedframes. We have new beds, new granite vanities, new carpet throughout the hotel, new tile in the bathroooms and all new furnishings.

Reviewed March 12, 2012

I've stayed at this Courtyard numerous times and have always found this Courtyard to be clean, comfortable, and with excellent beds. Very good restaurants near by. Make sure that your directions are complete due to the road construction that is under way. Location is in a quiet area that is also appreciated. I have never been disappointed in this facility.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Emilio02
Reviewed February 25, 2012

We stopped here on the way through GA when our son got sick on the road. The room was exceptionally clean and comfortable, and everything we needed was on site. My only complaint would be that there were not a lot of kid-friendly channels available on the tv, a must when traveling with small children. There was a lot of noise carryover from floor to ceiling,could hear folks walking around, but not a major disturbance. Bistro was great for dinner and breakfast.

• Stayed: February 2012
Reviewed August 9, 2011

Yuck. This is the worst hotel I've ever stayed in. The AC barely works. Hotel is under construction. Mattress is approximately 3-4 inches thick and hard as a rock.

• Stayed: August 2011