“Don't stay here”

Courtyard Macon
Ranked #24 of 68 Hotels in Macon
“Don't stay here”
Reviewed March 21, 2011

Maybe water damage, large part of third floor smelly and unused. Bed uncomfortable. Morning buffet - looked free, but cost a lot. NOT A MARRIOT!!!

• Stayed March 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
jackson ms
Reviewed June 22, 2010

It is not non-smoking, as advertised. While our room wasn't smoky smelling, others nearby reaked.

We were in town for a junior tennis tournament. I (along with several other guests) called down and asked what time the (not-free) breakfast would be out. I was told 7am. After explaining that all these players would need to eat before that, I was told bagels, cereal, etc., would be out by 6am. I (along with several other guests) were down by 6:30, and the lady running the breakfast line said she did not know anything about it or why the front desk would tell us that. She said in a chair the whole time.

There was a dead roach on our floor when we came in one afternoon.

Upon checkout, I was unable to get a receipt because the printer at the desk didn't work. I was told it would be emailed to me. Two days later, still no email receipt, so I called to check on it. I was then told that they could not email a receipt.

Clearly, the need for better communication among the staff members exists.

I have stayed at Marriott Courtyards many times before. This one is not up to standards, in my opinion. There is a Holiday Inn Express less than a half mile away that is much newer, much cleaner, and a better value for the money.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank inmysparetime
Boston
Reviewed November 3, 2009

I stayed hear on business.
Pros
Check in was fast polite staff.
Nice pool, Nice work out room, Nice Hot tub. Ill just say this was a very very nice work out room, they had tvs built into the exercise equipment.

cons
my boss opened his door to a roach walking around.
My room was filthy the bathrooms floor was sticky and smelt of urine, my bed was full of hairs, my boss stepped on a roach upon entering his room( that was also dirty)
Then the highlight my fan went in my room and it sounded like a helicopter on and off all night.

In the end we left around 6 or 7 in the morning I couldnt shut the fan off and as the desk man said its hard to find good housekeeping, we were credited for our rooms and promptly left. I have stayed at many a marriot courtyard and this was the only one Ive have a negative experience at. I do feel bad for the rest of the people in the hallway as you could hear the fan clearly in the hallway for about 20-30 feet either directions.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank David C
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed March 26, 2009

There is really no difference from the Courtyard Marriott in NYC and the Courtyard Marriott in Macon, GA. They are always clean, comfortable, and a bit overpriced since breakfast is not included. I usually stay at a Courtyard because they are nicer than no frills, but a step down from the Hilton (helping my wallet). They are a safe bet if you aren't sure about where to stay. The one in Macon is no different and my stay was pleasant.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
2 Thank TravelerfromTN
United States
Reviewed January 4, 2009

We bid "Macon North" 2.5* on Priceline for $42. At that price, this hotel was fine since we were only staying one night on our way home from Florida.

This hotel is showing its age. The lobby is fine, but the room felt more like a 1 star. Example ~ the Marriott has been non-smoking for a few years now. But the faux marble bath counter top in our room was covered with cigarette burns. It was just tacky. There is no wireless internet access in the rooms, but to be fair there is an ethernet cable provided. I agree with other reviewers here that you can hear every door slam in the hallway from inside your room.

This is the first time we've booked a Priceline room where I felt we got treated "differently". Our location was probably the worst in terms of distance from the lobby. Everyone seemed to get a free USA Today shoved under their door, but not us!

On the plus side, the front desk staff was super friendly. The climate control in the room was fine and the bed linens were comfy.

We might stay here again for a quick overnight at a Priceline rate, but I'd never pay close to full price.

• Stayed December 2008
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank SunDiego123
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed October 25, 2008

We stayed here for one night on our way from Nashville to Orlando. The lady at the front desk was friendly and the check-in process was fine. We stayed in a room on the first floor, and the room was clean and the beds very comfortable.

The problem with this hotel is the poor construction - the walls and ceiling are very thin and you can easily hear people in the rooms on either side and above. The family above us apparently had several children (nothing against small children - we have 3), and they sounded like a herd of elephants on a stampede. Okay - a slight exaggeration, but it was extremely loud. In a different hotel, we probably wouldn't have noticed. Around midnight, it finally got quiet. At 6:00 the following morning, it all started again.

I called the front desk the following morning to let the manager know I expected more from a Marriott. To their credit, the manager reimbursed us the entire amount of the stay.

While the staff was very friendly and accommodating, and the rooms are clean and comfortable, the extremely poor soundproofing of the hotel led to a disappointing stay. If you do stay here, I recommend that you request a room on the top floor.

• Stayed October 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank WarEagle2007
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed June 23, 2008

MARIOTT CORPORATE...you got some explainin' to do with this property.

Bathroom was not cleaned after last guest...still dirty towels hanging on door, dirty, used soap in tub, etc.

Worst of all, my 2 year old daughter kept finding "stuff" in the room...some woman's lipstick from under the bed, some old used kleenexes, and a sock.

NASTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

$150 per night...that's a lot for Macon, Georgia.

• Liked — Macon's an iffy place to stay and this hotel is in a relatively nice area.
  • Disliked — Disgusting, dirty room, poor service, wi-fi internet connection was slower than dial-up and I had a HUGE project to get done
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank bstro202